Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR - January 11th, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Weaker week than last.

I'm about 60% of the way through and I don't see much worth fighting over.

There are two names so far that are "TBR worthy" in my eyes, both of which are out of personal interest.

Let's see how the rest of the list plays out, and what will go at the top of the list come 2:00 PM!

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Finished the list about half an hour ago... pretty ho-hum week.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not much only about 3 names of interest and I know I got one... so thats good. :)

bring on next week :yo:

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like CIRA seems to have decided not to release the registered domains.. has anyone received any confirmation from their Registrars about the successful capture??

Domain name status: 420.ca is on the "To Be Released" (TBR) list for an upcoming TBR session [2012/01/11].

It's 7.40pm and still it shows as TBR...

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like finally CIRA admitted to one of their faults!! Way to go CIRA..

Yesterday when I called CIRA to find about the results not being made public, the Customer Service rep told me, "may be the Registrars are misleading you". Wonder why they can't be upfront..... looks like another issue is brewing at CIRA over "auto-renewal" mode.

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I backed out of 420 in the $700 range. Of course, this happens at the tail end of a seasonal job I took working in retail, and I had to keep sneaking into the stockroom to stay on top of the auction. Very disappointed it had exceeded my limit :(

Also surprised that Lindsay cleared four figures. Turned out to be a bit stronger than I had thought initially.

My only pickup this week was visitbulgaria. Only one I'm disappointed about missing was businessvaluations.

Looking forward to seeing what next week has in store.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What brings the value to 420 ?

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What brings the value to 420 ?

"420" is regarded as the "innocent" reference to marijuana.

For example, for the sake of being discreet, one might say "Can you hook me up with some 420?", or "I'm 420 friendly".

As a result of this, April 20th (4/20) is (on an unofficial basis, naturally), national pot smoking day.

Further, and very interesting insight into the definition can be found on Urban Dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=420

I personally could not think of any one better marijuana-related domain keyword. This is a very hot topic. And the $4.2 million sale of Marijuana.com recently puts a substantial premium on marijuana related domain names.

I'm convinced it will be legalized quite soon, and for that reason, I bid away at the name, but it got past my limit (wouldn't you know that I came into some money two days later?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom