Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR - November 16th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last week had some heated action, so what will happen this time around, and will there be any domains starting with the numbers six or nine?

Domain summit 2024

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes we have now!!!

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then let the games begin!

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just finished reading the whole list. I see a few I'm definitely going after this week. More than last week.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No domains this week starting with '0' - zero.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow.. TOP 12 picks all went to MyID Group!!!

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How on earth did RobFord go to fresh grape solutions, a registrar which I have never even heard of?!

I literally pounded my desk with both fists as soon as I saw this. I was dead-set on getting this name.

If anybody here got this name, please pm me if you're looking to make a quick flip.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How on earth did RobFord go to fresh grape solutions, a registrar which I have never even heard of?!

I literally pounded my desk with both fists as soon as I saw this. I was dead-set on getting this name.

If anybody here got this name, please pm me if you're looking to make a quick flip.

Why would anyone want to rob Ford? Are you one of those Occupy Wall Street types? :lol:

Seriously, I would think Mr. Ford is on his way - Fresh Grape Solutions Inc. is one of the eGate registrars, just like the 19 or 20 ones that MyID uses for their TBR work.

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to rob Ford? Are you one of those Occupy Wall Street types? :lol:

Seriously, I would think Mr. Ford is on his way - Fresh Grape Solutions Inc. is one of the eGate registrars, just like the 19 or 20 ones that MyID uses for their TBR work.

Not one of the Occupy Wall Street types... though I have a few friends who are actively involved.

I'll be completely honest with you, I still have NO idea what the whole "occupy" movement is about. I do know there is criticism of its ambiguity. Being apolitical, I really couldn't give a toss about the whole thing.

I did have big plans for it though. None which I would like to make publicly known. But the fact that I didn't get this one seriously ruined my day.

As for him being on his way, that's the very thing which would have made it work. Don't think that incompetence is any indicator of likelihood to be ousted, though. Nobody liked George Bush, but somehow he managed to get re-elected.

Still pissed off beyond belief. I had somewhat of a premonition that this would happen (i.e. it went off to a registrar who I do not have an account with). Guess I should have gone with my gut feeling :(

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MyID has been kickin TBR a** and (wait for it.....) ....takin' names;):smilewinkgrin:

What a week for them...again

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MyID has been kickin TBR a** and (wait for it.....) ....takin' names;):smilewinkgrin:

What a week for them...again

Well thought out reference! :smilewinkgrin:

They landed froyo for me this week... a very common abbreviation for the term "frozen yogurt". Places selling this stuff have come up all over the place. Hoping this will do well for me and make up for not getting robford.

ChuckNights

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to pick up AdB.. I refreshed and refreshed until it was available:)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stayed away this week.

Adam

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to pick up AdB.. I refreshed and refreshed until it was available:)

Nice one, Chuck! Very sharp to be on the lookout like that. That's a truly "premium" combination of letters.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So, which one of you guys picked up robford.ca in this tbr ? :) :)

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...d-to-toronto-stars-online-site-135118428.html
TORONTO - A website under Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's name is sending all who venture there to the Toronto Star site.

The Toronto newspaper has been in a public feud with the mayor for more than year.
An old website address previously used by Ford — www.robford.ca — now directs users to a message that reads: "Rob, we're sorry!!"

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm just surprised it was even dropped. It's hard enough for a regular person to get their own name, let alone a politician

For $10/yr, someone should have know or at least made a case to renew it on an indefitinte basis…especially for a devisive politician like him. Someone had to have know there was a good chance of it 1) being picked up and 2) used in a not-so-flattering way.

Which reminds me of a local story about Lowell Green. He's a pretty devisive talk show host in Ottawa and someone registered his name and forwarded it to an abortion clinic's site

Green got upset and had his lawyer track down the registrant (privacy was active if I recall) claiming the host's name was trademarked (as far as I can tell, it's not)

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091124/OTT_Lowell_091124/20091124/NFL

I know we're a more tuned in than most, but shouldn't task #1 be to secure your own domain when you're a celeb or a company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators