Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

TC's departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wanda, is that you :confused:

Domain summit 2024
S

SiteTutor

mrMole.. is that you? j/k

'who' would you like SiteTutor to be?

wouldn't wanna let a GoodMole down ya know!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That Texan drawl is really sexy, SiteTutor ;)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Quit it, site. You know this is Dan's board and he meant well. Please don't guerilla him.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Im not going to address the arguing within here with my opinion. Just would like to say, TC was cool. And a great asset to this forum.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. Some of you, I won't mention names you know who you are, think that forums should be prim and proper, and that any self-imagined childish acts should be censored like maturity is your unique strength and god-given-gift, blah!

Sure, it feels good and comforting to think we are above it all. It feels self-gratifying to criticize the acts of others. I know because I do it all the time :razz:

Forums are great places to share information and ideas, whacky or sane, childish or sage like. People come from all over the world to meet at Dan's board. People with very different views of the world, and how they respond to their views throught their different personalities.

TC is no different. At least he contributed his precious time here, time he could easily have used more productively - often if anything to make us laugh. And laughter, is sadly lacking in this domain industry.

Isn't that exactly what the lounge is for?

What the domain industry is short of is people taking it seriously and making money from it.

Originally posted by mole
I agree. Some of you, I won't mention names you know who you are, think that forums should be prim and proper, and that any self-imagined childish acts should be censored like maturity is your unique strength and god-given-gift, blah!

TC is no different. At least he contributed his precious time here, time he could easily have used more productively - often if anything to make us laugh. And laughter, is sadly lacking in this domain industry.

The problem occurs when it moves from childish acts to deliberate attempts to undermine this site. Timechange had plenty of warnings - many other sites would likely ban him with none.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What the domain industry is short of is people taking it seriously and making money from it.

There is something about this. The domain game seems to attract a lot of different people: unemployed dreamers, mentally challenged people, people who do it as a hobby (these are basically the types of domain buyers that keep registrars in business), as well as those who are serious about it.

I think those, who used to visit afternic forums, will agree.

To be clear: I don't mean Timechange or anyone else here. I'm only referring to the quoted sentence

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
Isn't that exactly what the lounge is for?

Making money was what TC was trying to do in a very difficult market, if you read carefully. If you lose your sense of humor, you will only become grouchy like some people here. TC didn't.

I disagree mole, he lost his sense of humor the moment he didn't get his own way re the sig images - from that point on he moved through childishness into straight forward abuse (as you would have seen if you have been in the chat immediately prior to dans banning him).

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy

The problem occurs when it moves from childish acts to deliberate attempts to undermine this site. Timechange had plenty of warnings - many other sites would likely ban him with none.

I agree that TC went a bit ballistic. However, there were some posts here that fueled the fire and indignation and labels of culprits were being thrown. Managing emotions is not easy, I agree. Which is why moderators are often needed on boards to smoothen the ruffles and diffuse the steam.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
MattyP is such a moderator. Kudos to this stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom