Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Tell me about "secondlife" and others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I would like to know the basic premise, traffic and costs to join "secondlife" and other virtual community sites.

If you know, please list the top 10 according to how much traffic you believe they get daily or monthly.

Would also appreciate if you could provide when each these sites first started.

Thanks in advance!

Domain Summit 2024

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Second Life (SL) is going to be massive, I've already invested in SL property and names for this area - see my domains.

SL is completely free to join and at the moment property prices are still holding well - overall a good source for future investment and in my view Virtual Real Estate is a win win scenario, my investments have already proven this.

Thanks

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Second Life (SL) is going to be massive, I've already invested in SL property and names for this area - see my domains.

SL is completely free to join and at the moment property prices are still holding well - overall a good source for future investment and in my view Virtual Real Estate is a win win scenario, my investments have already proven this.

Thanks

Could you give me an example of one of your successful virtual businesses in second life?

Thanks

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the PM

Second Life is a virtual world "not a game" you can buy and invest in virtual real estate, properties and goods, just like in our world. You can buy, sell, trade those goods with anyone using SL currency known as the Linden, on average over $1.5 million dollars is exchanged every day!

SL is expanding FAST and VERY vertical. If you you don't already own property on SL - get some now!

More info: http://secondlife.com

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Michael

Yes the pace is similar to real world which is more realistic, but if your in a hurry I'm sure you can build your property in no time if you concentrate on it.

On the other hand, good things come to those who wait :)

Thanks

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have checked into these online communities and I'm not against them but they are not for me. They are absolute time killers. In my opinion, you need to choose which life is more important virtual or real. If your not deep into these virtual communities you won't make money. It takes too much real world time. I think they fill a niche like everything else but don't say I didn't warn you it will steal your real life away. JMHO

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I agree. As if we don't spend plenty of time already trading domains! :D

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I would like to know the basic premise, traffic and costs to join "secondlife" and other virtual community sites.

If you know, please list the top 10 according to how much traffic you believe they get daily or monthly.

Would also appreciate if you could provide when each these sites first started.

Thanks in advance!

check my post at Rick's a few months back I had placed a presentation I did on SL.. I've also bought an island and some other things, so let's offline ;)

harleyx

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To me that seems like a giant pyramid scheme.

Someone buys virtual land, stock, whatever, goes and recruits other people to buy virtual land so they can make money. Those people go and recruit other people to buy virtual land, so they make money, and so on.

When the game runs out of virtual land, somebody changes a 0 to a 1 and poof, more virtual land.

What happens when the game runs out of people to recruit?

T

tekz999

I have tried it, and there is nothing meaningful about it, and I have already uninstalled it. kaka

zorag

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To me that seems like a giant pyramid scheme.

Someone buys virtual land, stock, whatever, goes and recruits other people to buy virtual land so they can make money. Those people go and recruit other people to buy virtual land, so they make money, and so on.

When the game runs out of virtual land, somebody changes a 0 to a 1 and poof, more virtual land.

What happens when the game runs out of people to recruit?

There aren't any recruits, yes granted there's an affiliate system but then which large public based web company doesn't use an affiliate system these days. There are helpers/contributors, people who you can call on to give you help or advice while your online.

Not sure about the land scenario but they do seem to be quite strict on the land areas available for sale. At the end of the day SL is handling millions in investor revenue every month and there's still plenty of land available in the current outline - if your going to invest, now would be good, of course the more the better!

DotSauce

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been in the Second Life "metaverse" for several years off and on.

One of my SL projects is available to review here --> http://www.ElectricWebsites.com

SL real estate is already very saturated, unless you have big bucks to invest in an entire "Sim" block and then cut it up and resell it.

If you are a good graphic designer you can make money selling clothing.

If you are a good programmer you can script objects and make money selling them.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I joined SL and paid the yearly fee...just to see what it is all about.

I quickly learned it could take over your life and just did not have time to really get into it.

After my 1st 7 figure domain sale...that may change ;) and I may have more time for SL.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i also joined SL about 1 year ago but didnt like it as it required lot of time figuring things out. so i left it and havent visited since then

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tried it. Analyzed it. If you don't understand the basic concepts of how economy works, than you can go ahead and waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom