Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Telling The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140312_truth.gif

Over the last thirty or so years in business I’ve found that it’s absolutely vital for any long-term business relationship that you tell the truth. When you really think about it, you can’t have a meaningful relationship with a person or business that doesn’t consistently tell you the truth…..

This means that when things go wrong then you own up to your mistake. Don’t try and hide it. Just confess that things went horribly wrong. The test of any relationship is how people respond when you honestly own up to blowing it. I’ve actually found that most people are pleasantly surprised and you end up having a really good conversation about how the problem will be resolved and systems adapted so that the issue doesn’t happen again.

I’ve also found that if you’re being completely truthful you don’t have to remember which lie you’ve told whom and when you told them. It just makes life a LOT easier to manage.

For example, let’s imagine that you told two people, two different “lies”. You then meet them both, together at a party. It won’t be long before they both realise that they’ve been lied to. They may not say anything but trust me when I say that you’ve just damaged both relationships.

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators