Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Thanks to you guys...

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know that you just recently purchased the name and was wondering if you had a chance to develop it any or did you just sell the domain name.

BTW, thanks for the format of your proposal letter. Would you also mind sharing how you titled the proposal?

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by krisblade
... the "know-how" of the members worth billions... ;)

Krisblade, your posts today have added much value to the “know-how” of this great community. Kudos to you for a well-written approach to the company and many thanks for your generosity in sharing it with us.

This thread is one of the most valuable to me and I’m certain it will give many others the confidence to approach companies directly with a domain name proposition.

IMO an approach to a company should only be made if you’re realistically confident that your name will be of value to that company, and you’re not merely trying to dump a mediocre name on them.

krisblade

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Fizz. This site is rich in "know-how", as I said before, that worth billions.

brn2h8; My first intention was to develop the name, but some members of this forum (such as DNpowerful, a top player) suggested to me to sell the name for a good price. I had the name for only 5 days :)

About your other question; The title (subject) of the Email was just "Question for your hosting company" was enough to get the attention of the boss :)

Three final things to have in mind; the e-mail was sent to the Sales Department with a copy to the webmaster (sales@ and webmaster@ accounts). The e-mail was sent only one time, no spamming or mailbombing :), just 24 hours after, I receive the offer. And I did not send an asking price, just the "4 to 5 figure amount" phrase :)

BTW I still have to pay the former owner!! I signed a contract for the domain sale, and we agree to send the payment next week, I mean, still no money went out from my pocket. Now the domain has been paid by itself (with high profit) :)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by krisblade
...I´ve sold "HostingService.com" for a good amount.

Wa-HOO!! The Cyber-Drinks are on Chris! I will have a rootbeer please. :yes:

Also THANK YOU for sharing the letter you sent to them. It was very well written and worded.

Congratulations!

-Bob

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Following some of the suggestions I have on e-mail, and the advises from members on the DNForum chat, I contacted a Hosting company last day (an adult hosting company), and today I got on e-mail a very good offer from them (thousands of $ + a 3 letter dot com). Iôve accepted that offer.
Wish lll.coms would still be part of the offers.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom