Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The Big Bang of Business Naming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Suddenly, some explosively positive and futuristically pragmatic policies about the Internet and global e-commerce are creating amazing galaxies of business naming. With already 1.7 billion online users and 1 billion more on their way, the new business-naming capabilities allowing advance and intricate platforms of global cyberbranding provide mega opportunities.

Depending on types and styles of businesses, for a nominal cost, several dozen Web sites in multilingual formats with the right type of domain names worldwide can easily catapult sales and raise visibility to a brand new stratosphere.

First, the floodgates are now open to create foreign language domain names while so many highly populated countries are lined up to create their own colorful and dynamic galaxies of business names. Chinese, Arabic and Cyrillic domain names will become very popular and push away English as the only language of domains and cyberspace. A smart business strategy would be to fully comprehend and understand the nature of these dramatic changes on the global scene and immediately start an action plan around it.

Second, only those business names that can orbit freely will be fine, as tens of millions of others with nomenclature problems will come crashing down on top of each other, causing serious damage to their business models and totally wasting their advertising and marketing, without getting any value or desired attention in the marketplace.

Naseem Javed is recognized as a world authority on global naming strategies and corporate nomenclature issues. Author of Naming for Power, he introduced the Laws of Corporate Naming in the 1980s. Currently he is advising corporations and lecturing on global cyberbranding and the ICANN's new gTLD platforms. He can be reached at [email protected]

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/The-Big-Bang-of-Business-Naming-69020.html

Anyone grab anymore IDNS? :)

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well after experiencing online sales several years ago(before i started domaining) on a large scale there was only one language and country we made many thousands from and that was the U.S,although based in the U.K it was not a patch on the U.S and that includes Europe.......

The old add age over here is "if you can crack the U.S,you have made it"

So imho i will stick with English .com's just through my experience in retail,i will let you guys mop up with the idn market ;-)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well after experiencing online sales several years ago(before i started domaining) on a large scale there was only one language and country we made many thousands from and that was the U.S,although based in the U.K it was not a patch on the U.S and that includes Europe.......

The old add age over here is "if you can crack the U.S,you have made it"

So imho i will stick with English .com's just through my experience in retail,i will let you guys mop up with the idn market ;-)

Same here, english domain is fine. If I speak chinese or arabic, I might reconsider it.

axeman

The One and Only
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a "ShamWow" commercial. Less spin more substance would be good.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a "ShamWow" commercial. Less spin more substance would be good.

Good shout i thought it was commercially motivated myself to ramp up the idn market !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom