• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

The end of OVT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't be a blocked IP as I just got started with a new ISP a week ago and barely search OVT at all (no bulk scans or software). It wasn't working for me at all last night...now it works for me every now and then, but very slowly...ugh.
 
Superior technologies will emerge that will supplant Overture.
 
I had to take down my bulk ovt site because for some reason it was timing out but continuing to try to reach the server. I didn't realize it, and if left alone to do a search, it was just generating a HUGE error page.
 
yea for the past few days i aint able to get any ovt ...i use google trends for now but it dosnt show any numerical data ?? or am i blind? :D
 
yea for the past few days i aint able to get any ovt ...i use google trends for now but it dosnt show any numerical data ?? or am i blind? :D

No it doesn't, it's a good comparative tool.
 
I have been running bulk ovt with DRT for 10,000 names the last 24 hours using anonymous proxies and it works fine.... approx 4,000 names/day
 
I can't access ovtd.com anymore. I received this message when I tried to scan for overture:

This Account Has Been Suspended
Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

but i didn't have any account with them, what is this all about?
 
I can't access ovtd.com anymore. I received this message when I tried to scan for overture:

but i didn't have any account with them, what is this all about?

Their hosting account has been suspended, not your account at their site
 
I have been running bulk ovt with DRT for 10,000 names the last 24 hours using anonymous proxies and it works fine.... approx 4,000 names/day

Those bulk checks are ruining it for the many of us who do it by hand still.

Yahoo.com / Overture needs to impliment a security key code to keep the service going right. Just like they do with the bids tool. I really dislike those security features but it's better than not getting to use the service at all.

Jack
 
Well isn't that a shame. One things for sure, Yahoo's bandwidth usage is going to drop significantly on that end. (Although I'm sure Yahoo never cares about bandwidth)

At least we still have wordtracker. But like the article said, this leaves a window of opportunity for someone to step up and make a traffic estimating tool based on searched.
 
i think its only certain times it might be down.. just give it a try few times it shud be fine..dats wat i did .. its like error then its fine then error again..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom