• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

The Great LLLL.com Buyout

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2004
Messages
3,506
Reaction score
5
I think its happening.... Give me one reason why it is not good to invest in LLLL.coms? They are short, ideal for an email address. More are getting regged everyday. When they become extinct as far as fresh regging they are worth atleast reg fee on market, and will continue to raise in value.

I am starting to buy up the LLLL.com gems that are left. Do you think LLLL.com's are good to invest in? I would like to hear from people that have/are investing in them, and people who do not want to invest in them.

Thanks.
 
Although I haven't invested in any, I don't see how 4 letter .com's for $8 could be considered a BAD investment...
 
Im just starting to invest in a few... just to test the waters. Can't really claim that my investing in LLLL's hold any weight whatsoever though ;)

Good luck.
 
I made a redirection service with a random LLLL.com the other day. Currently have 130 members.

:P
 
redirection service = very hard to monetize
 
Another member here and I just registered a combined 40 LLLL.com's... with the GoDaddy.com $3.72 bulk-loop hole...why not?

Anyone else started as well?
 
I have a couple. Just registered udnk .com (dunk typo) ? Who knows if these will play out or not.
 
udnk .com

Cool name, has a nice ring. =]

Planning on getting more? There is no doubt that when these start to go quicker, some comp will buy the remains.
 
I may get a few others. I have OWGN i reg'd a while back when I was wanting to create an Online Web Gaming Network or something along those lines. I am almost complete with my scanning using DRT for those that are available and I will sort through and hand reg some according to PR, OVT, alexa, etc.
 
Certainly not a bad investment. I wouldn't expect to see an insane ROI on your investment, but in a couple of years, (3-5 sound right), who knows? Could be $xxx per 4 LLLL.com. Also, there are so many companies out there that brand with 4 letters, whih opens up the market share.
 
and how many 4 letter combinations are there total? :cheeky:
 
456976 variations.
 
By my count there are a total of: 456,976

...posted at the same time :)
 
so something like 450k variations, with all of the better ones (double letters/acronyms/etc...) already long taken.... buying up any of the leftovers with crappy letters, x,y,z,u,w,i,etc... = waste of money.
 
Anyone know how many are available now?
buying up any of the leftovers with crappy letters, x,y,z,u,w,i,etc... = waste of money.

Not so, I know of many companies that brand with "crappy letters", not internet companies, but RL
 
Maybe worthless for just the name, but if you develop or find someone willing to develop not a waste.
 
I have about 300 or so of these with some gems like OADF.com and ones starting with "DN" I have sold a few of them already to various buyers in the mid to high $xxx range, some company/buyer out there most likely will want at least one you have if you hold onto a few....many drop daily still..better hurry though they are going fast
 
Duncan said:
Another member here and I just registered a combined 40 LLLL.com's... with the GoDaddy.com $3.72 bulk-loop hole...why not?

Anyone else started as well?

what's the $3.72 bulk-loop hole and how to make use of it?
 
Well to use the 3.72 loophole u have to reg 17 domains..
just go to
http://DnMinistry.blogspot.com
for full instructions n steps together with \screeenshot(useful for newbies like me) and all latest promo godaddy codes.. save $20 save $10 $5 10% etc..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom