Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The war is about to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's a good comment i found on the "other" domain site:

"
I "wish" the neo-cons currently running the U.S. goverenment were not realizing a very old plan to extend American control over the middle east.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/fea.../ma_273_01.html

Take a look at the now infamous 2000 report, "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources For a New Century," where some of the most prominent neocons lay down the blueprint for "to shape a new century favourable to American principles and interests."

http://www.newamericancentury.org/p...ionsreports.htm

In the above report, the neo-cons agreed the road to achieving their goals "is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic nd catalyzing event--like a new Pearl Harbor."

Saddam Hussein is a brutal dictator, but he is one of dozens around the world. If you were to embark on a military crusade to save people from oppression, you'd have to attack North Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, and half the countries in Africa. And if you're out to save the Kurds, don't forget to rescue the Kurds in Turkey, whom are reported to have it just as bad as the Kurds in Iraq.

As for Hussein's crimes against humanity--real and heinous as they are--were was the U.S. administration when these crimes where at their worst during the 1980's? They were making handshake deals with Saddam (see the classic picture of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Hussein in the 1980's), and American companies were selling him most of his chemical and biological weapons. But he was "our" bad guy then, in the fight against militant Islam in Iran, so that was okay.

And now, after 12 years of draconian sanctions, where military analysts routinely agree that the Iraqi army is a shadow of its pre-Gulf war self and no threat to its neighbours, where US and UK planes have been bombing in the no-fly zones almost daily, where there has been no credible link established between Hussein and 9-11 or Al Quaeda, now, suddenly, Hussein is such a massive and imminent threat to the middle east, America, and global security that he must be removed immediately.

No. Hussein is a straw man in all this...yes, brutal, but such an overwhelming threat that the sanctity of borders must be violated and a sovereign nation attacked? This sets a tremendously dangerous precedent, and will enormously benefit Bin Laden (a real threat to America) by driving hundreds of impoverished young Muslim men over the edge and into the embrace of Islamic fanaticism.

I think pundit William Pfaff captured the true problem in this whole matter best in a recent article:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unchecked American global power has precipitously lost appeal. From World War II to the collapse of the Soviet Union the United States exercised international leadership with responsible policies and sensitivity to the demands of alliance. For this reason there has until now been relatively little concern at its emergence as the world's sole superpower. The United States continued to possess the confidence of the international community. The Bush administration has managed in this Iraq affair to undermine if not destroy the American offer of benevolent and responsible international hegemony. It has made the United Nations seem more relevant than ever.

One may add that by so doing it has perhaps done a favor not only to the world but to the United States itself. I myself am not of the opinion that the values of the American republic would survive the possession of absolute power. "

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bid

You are killing me. Like I said before, just look at Kuwait and Afghanistan. This is the type of country and leadership the Iraqi people are hoping for. There is no future in the current Iraq

How many elections do you know of where 100% of the people vote and 100% pick one leader. That is such a travesty.

It is about time a republican is in office to lead our country down the right path. If we kept the democrats in office there still would be no border patrol.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ThinLizzy
Any one who is against the war, should not be angry with dubaya. He has little to do with it. The 41st President and his cronies, aka:hawks, are the ones calling the shots. Dubaya's vice-president was 41's secretary of defense for god's sake. They are just executing a plan that has been in the works since 42 beat 41 in '92. They're just looking after unfinished buisiness. Dubaya is no more than a talking head. He tries but he's really not that bright.

:rolleyes: :D

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
more support -only 50% of US citizens support him in this war-

Clinton had the PEOPLE behind him..Bush has a "party" supporting him..

Um, try 65% bid---like I said before, everyone has opinions but not everyone has the facts

http://www.msnbc.com/news/886732.asp?0cv=CA01

>>>Among Republicans polled, 88 percent back war, Russert noted, but more surprisingly a majority of Democrats — 49 percent to 43 percent — also support the president’s strategy. <<< :rolleyes:---Geez Bid...I kind of feel sorry for you man. I really do.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebHold
Bid

You are killing me. Like I said before, just look at Kuwait and Afghanistan. This is the type of country and leadership the Iraqi people are hoping for. There is no future in the current Iraq

How many elections do you know of where 100% of the people vote and 100% pick one leader. That is such a travesty.

It is about time a republican is in office to lead this country down the right path. If we kept the democrats in office there still would be no border patrol.

Oh I agree he should go..all I am saying is I dont belive this is the right way..

Someone kill the batard and hell the Whole world will cheer 1 Of course officially a few nations will get all"puffy" at the gall that we took him out..but thats only for the press..

This dosent have to cost ameircan lives, Iraqi lives, dosent have to cost multi billions for us to pay..

Someone simply take the bastard out..we have many men with the "right stuff" to take on that job.

Thats all I am saying...Bush is taking the wrong path..Saddm is a pest.. you dont give all the kids machine guns to kill a mouse do you..hell no..they end up killing the family pets and Granpa sitting in his favorite chair..

But this is Bushs solution to everything ! and it's costing all of US..

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CNN daily pole:

Are you worried that a war with Iraq will trigger new terror attacks in the U.S.?

Yes 65% 45714 votes
No 35% 24329 votes
Total: 70,043 votes

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
Here's a good comment i found on the "other" domain site:

Congratulations Beatz, you managed to find "one" good comment that agrees with your own beliefs... How tough. You must be exhausted. Note to GregR: We need more Smilies...ones where they are beating themselves over the head with a frying pan.

btw: I have to laugh at your signature line beatz:

War is not the answer.
- Logodesign site coming soon ! -

***Where's the resolve? War is not the answer---Oh, and btw I've got a website coming online SOON!!****** :laugh: :laugh:

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sharpy
CNN daily pole:

Are you worried that a war with Iraq will trigger new terror attacks in the U.S.?

Yes 65% 45714 votes
No 35% 24329 votes
Total: 70,043 votes

Hmmm. We are at war, so this is no suprise.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

Um, try 65% bid---like I said before, everyone has opinions but not everyone has the facts

http://www.msnbc.com/news/886732.asp?0cv=CA01

>>>Among Republicans polled, 88 percent back war, Russert noted, but more surprisingly a majority of Democrats — 49 percent to 43 percent — also support the president’s strategy. <<< :rolleyes:---Geez Bid...I kind of feel sorry for you man. I really do.

And the REST of the story Izopod..

"The poll suggests that the increased support for war is largely due to Democrats coming around to the president's view. Currently, roughly six in 10 Democrats said they support an attack on Iraq, compared to about four in 10 in an early March poll. At the same time, however, nearly half said they disapproved of the way Bush has handled the conflict with Iraq."

Of course we ALL understand that we are going in no matter what..so as it gets nearer to that moment everyone hops on the bandwagon...to support our troops and the decision to go in.

Thats just a natural reaction, we are patriots for our country..while we may disagree onthe apporoach to remove Saddam..if the decision is made we wil support our country.

That does NOT mean that we REALLY agree with the decision..only that we wil support the decision.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...and even if the NCAA tourney is cancled we'll still have March Madness!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
izopod - i feel sorry for you.
Seems everytime someone disagrees with you try to start personal attacks on them - see your reply to Bid;
even questioning if i have the right to express my opinion as i'm not a platinum member.
And it's not like i found only 1 good post - it's just that i found "a" good comment and i wanted to share it...
You better stop your personal attacks or it's gonna be *me* asking Gregr for additional smileys.

And what you're laughing about my sig line?
If i click on yours that's a reason to laugh - no content at all.
That's the reason i prefer to have a "coming soon" sig rather than a sig link to an empty site like yours.

Geezers...

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

And the REST of the story Izopod..

Let's just say this. You see what you want to see. I was just pointing out a "few" inconsisenties in your "op-ed".

Larry

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Bids on the money on this one - :eek:

Of course we ALL understand that we are going in no matter what..so as it gets nearer to that moment everyone hops on the bandwagon...to support our troops and the decision to go in.

Regardless of our personal feelings it looks like it is time to circle the wagons.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
izopod - i feel sorry for you.
Seems everytime someone disagrees with you try to start personal attacks on them - see your reply to Bid;
even questioning if i have the right to express my opinion as i'm not a platinum member.
And it's not like i found only 1 good post - it's just that i found "a" good comment and i wanted to share it...
You better stop your personal attacks or it's gonna be *me* asking Gregr for additional smileys.

??? --- So let's get this straight. You feel sorry for me because I've shown you to be someone who has about as much range as a daisy air rifle??

:laugh:

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom