• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

This doesn't figure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,623
Reaction score
29
How can this be?

Throughout 2006 I listed names with both Sedo and TDNAM. Same names, roughly the same starting prices.

Sales through Sedo - Nil
Sales through TDNAM - 42

Not even 1 low-ball offer came from Sedo. The names sold at TDNAM were $xxx with a few high $xx that I wanted to shift. Those $xx names were listed at Sedo with a zero start price.

I have been getting the Sedo newsletters, my emails get through to them and replies have been received.

I regularly receive offers direct and from parked pages (I don't park at Sedo) that sometimes convert to sales.

Can anyone think of a reason for this dismal showing from Sedo?

Thanks - Jas
 
I've sold alot of names via TDNAM aswell. I think that there are alot of end-users buying via godaddy. Most of which probably aren't even aware sedo exists.
 
Very interesting...Thanks
 
Jas where are your sites parked ? At Sedo or elsewhere ?
 
i just listed like 30 buy it nows, what type of listing did you do.
 
Funny, I haven't sold a single name at TDNAM in 2006 but sold 3 low-mid x,xxx domains via Sedo in 2006 and a few xxx sales and 0 at Afternic. Go figure. I personally keep all my names parked with Sedo. All my sales in '06 came either from Sedo or DNF.
 
Jas where are your sites parked ? At Sedo or elsewhere ?

Most are at Namedrive, a few at Trafficz and a handful at Dotzup.

Another interesting point is that I recently started moving the bulk of my names to Namedrive from Trafficz. Over the last 2 months, I have had twice as many enquiries for domains through their parked pages at Namedrive than I have had in a year at Trafficz - the only thing I can assume in this case is that the pages appear more appealing to potential buyers.
 
I always list mine at $100 starting/offers. I do get alot of lowballs but any interest is a potential sale. All of mine have been in the $xxx range though so no biggies. But the way I see it is sedo charges $60 minimum if you don't park there. To make the sale more comfortable for me I would have to sell a regfee name for more there than TDNAM because I see the $60 as an added expense. I think it's 7% at TDNAM so any $xxx sale of a regfee name is a decent return. IE if I sold a name there at sedo for $150 paid them $60 and $7 for the reg I only make $83. If I priced my names I've learned over time that I will generally sell myself short or discourage offers.
 
i just listed like 30 buy it nows, what type of listing did you do.

I used to put them on 7 day auction but it's too time consuming, so since they began offering the bulk option for BIN, I've been using that. Only time will tell if it is as successful for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom