• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale This domain Dump.ca need a little advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedgeman

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
591
Reaction score
10
Recently had a $700 offer on DUMP.ca but I declined, however, I am curious what you guys would value it at. I may even have sold it for $1000 reluctantly. Opinions anyone?
 
Recently had a $700 offer on DUMP.ca but I declined, however, I am curious what you guys would value it at. I may even have sold it for $1000 reluctantly. Opinions anyone?

People who run dumps do not like to call them that, so it have been your chance when they wanted to take a dump domain.
 
Interesting point MSN but, is it not still the best generic there is for what it is, a dump by any other name is still a DUMP.
 
$5000/ its great branding for a trash pick-up or disposal company.
Pay the $100 or so dollars registered it for 10 years and WAIT. I would say $5K would be a great deal for a buyer on this name.
 
Interesting point MSN but, is it not still the best generic there is for what it is, a dump by any other name is still a DUMP.

Waste Management owns wastedisposal.ca and another company owns wastedepot.ca as examples, but none of them use the word 'dump' ever. It is something which is not to be seen and certainly never discussed publicly.

We have a customer in this business so we have some insight here.
 
Not sure about the .ca market, but I think you made the right call to hold out for a bit more. I think you should be able to pull 2k+ out of this one.

Another option - you may want to try to lease the name to the person with the $700 offer. Tell him you will lease it to them for $700/year with a Buy out of 4k with in the first 4 years and what they already paid will count toward the buyout.
 
I would think that someone looking for such a domain wants to use it in connection with a different concept than a place for garbage disposal. ;)
 
Hold out for more. $700 is too cheap for this name.
 
Could be a clever name for a startup, game, app, ...
 
Could be a clever name for a startup, game, app, ...
Although, the idea appeals to me, cause I own the name, I think its inexpensive to create a clever name then to twist a generic keyword into the mold, which costs more money and I think you can get the same result, a clever name.
on another note = jstewart = beautiful closing argument on you last reply to "It is something which is not to be seen and certainly never discussed publicly. !"
Thanks for your input MSN, where you implying the likes of the present use of the .com in this quote "wants to use it in connection with a different concept than a place for garbage disposal" or the old .com site which used porn I think, and if your wondering, I went there to see what the .com had been used for years ago .lol

Maxwell, "Hold out for more. $700 is too cheap for this name. " Thanks for your support, but sometimes cash is tight, and had he offered me a $1000, I may well have bit the bullet, ouch!
 
To rare a name to sell for $700. Its easy to remember, there are many possible uses ie waste disposal, basement/garage clean out company, liquidation retailer, dump trailer manufacturer, whole sale bargains, just to name a few
 
That picture is worth more then a $1000, a real vision Zoobar.
Puckerhuddle, as this picture shows, its branding made easy, thanks lol.
 
would be a great domain for one of those junk removal services. a great generic regardless of use.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom