Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

This one is for DAN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

I must congratulate you on the great forum you have going here. It is by far the best DN forum for domain speciulators. I have a question that might be a bit personal and you are not obliged to answer it if you don't want. If you do answer it, it does not have to be in public. You could just e-mail me or PM me. Here it comes:

How much are you paying a month to maintain this site?

The reason for asking is that I have plans to develop something similar, but not for domain specualtors. I just would like to have a cost estimation of the expenses of maintaining a site like this before I launch it.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the comments about the site. It really isn't too costy right now at least, the vbulletin license is around $80 a year if I remember correctly, and the chat software is a bit less. And as for hosting, I should think about getting a dedicated server sometime soon probably, which will make things more expensive but make the site all around faster I would assume. So right now, the hosting is only around $20/month or so with the traffic I get. I think that covers all the expenses for this site. :)

Dan

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Dan!! I really appreciate your reply. It was really helpful. Keep up the good work!!

:)

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Great job Dan.
It is a huge success and quite addictive in fact. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom