• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers tideshark.com - Unique Blogging community script

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeciliaH

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Blogging community script like livejournal.com. Easy to turn into a community offering free blogs.
Currently based on the domain tideshark.com but can be installed on any domain just by changing the paths in a few files.

Tide Shark
http://www.tideshark.com/
Domain name, web site, and custom script (exclusive rights)


What
Included with your bid is the domain (www.tideshark.com) registered with NameCheap (with WhoisGuard protection) and roughly one month's hosting with Site 5 (www.site5.com) which renews monthly on the 5th. I am currently on the Site2 plan which you can continue to renew if you wish. The script does everything listed on the site including:

- Posting, editing, and appending
Self-explanatory.

- Super easy registration
Includes automated-bot protection and IP Address stored upon registration.

- Full syndication via RSS 2.0 and Atom
Stored server-side until updated, so it's always cached which lowers server load.

- Sophisticated friends system
Keep in touch with friends, view their profiles/journal or send them a message. Also, has a similar feature to LiveJournal where a page lists all your friends journal entries in descending date posted. (nicknamed your "newspaper")

- Intense profiles
Features what a person is "currently doing," their name/birthday, and nicknames for the "big 4" instant messengers and Xbox Live gamertag

- Easy to type URLs
http://www.tideshark.com/users/(USERNAME)
http://www.tideshark.com/profiles/(USERNAME)
http://www.tideshark.com/newspapers/(USERNAME)

- Universal mood indicator
A small emoticon tied to a user's account that can be remotely linked to forum signatures, personal web sites, etc.

- Instant pings to www.blo.gs and other directories
Can be disabled, since it does take a few seconds, but an awesome feature that VERY FEW other sites offer.

- Avatar uploading
A JPG, GIF, or PNG can be updated. Usual error checking, file size limits, and protection rules have been applied to this portion.

- Post office messaging
Read, send, reply, and delete personal messages from other Tide Shark users.

- PHP5 Compatiblility
Although I haven't tested it on a PHP5-enabled server, I feel rest-assured that it will be PHP5 compatible since it follows strict standards and I have read up on some of the differences.

-Template Customisation
-End users can login and modify the design of their site with an in browser editor.

This is a custom, original site (script, domain, & design) with full, exclusive rights.

Foundation
It was built using PHP Smarty and one of the latest releases of PHP4. It uses a standard MySQL database. No extraordinary extensions or such is necessary for use.

Test it!
There are 3 premade accounts to test out the features:
User: sharkbites, super9, crazy8
Pass: test123

I purchased this site and hired a coder to finish it for me. However now that its done I dont have the time to launch it.
Paypal only at the moment please.
Minimum bid of 200.00 please.
Thanks.
 
How many users do you have?
Stats?
Income?
Is the script custom? if not How much is it?
 
Like I said - I purchased it and finished the coding so there are no users or income or traffic - development is finished and its ready to launch.
Script is custom. Thats basically whats for sale - the script.
Sorry if my post didnt explain properly.
 
got some screenshots of what it looks like after you sign up? any sites currently using it that you could post the urls of
 
What is unique about this site to a user that would make him/her more interested in using this site than blogger/livejournal/etc which are free, don't run ads, and high quality?
 
I am interested, but you say "Easy to turn into a community offering free blogs."
Isn't that what the site already is doing?

- Eric
Bored.com
 
Something's a bit fishy here..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showt...light=tideshark
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showt...light=tideshark

Your telling me that the site has been sold 3 times in less than 3 months?

Nothing fishy - The first post is the original guy I bought it off of. The second post is me trying to sell it after coding was done - but the high bid was not even close to what I paid for it so it wasnt accepted and I hung onto it for awhile.

Tried again here. I know there is value in it - I just dont have the time to get it done myself :(

Eric - Thats its purpose - you're right.
 
I followed the sale on Webhostingtalk - is coding really done? Ready for launch?

E.g. "change settings" doesn't change anything, it looses my input...
 
CeciliaH said:
Nothing fishy - The first post is the original guy I bought it off of. The second post is me trying to sell it after coding was done - but the high bid was not even close to what I paid for it so it wasnt accepted and I hung onto it for awhile.

Tried again here. I know there is value in it - I just dont have the time to get it done myself :(

Eric - Thats its purpose - you're right.
Ah ok. I'll buy it then for $350.
 
okay...I'll pm you then.
Thanks.
 
Sold.
Thanks luigimasi - Trader Rating updated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom