• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

To Drop or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
12
Hi All

I tried posting in appraisals but didn't get much of a response, nor have I kept up with how .IN is doing... My question is simple, should I let Temperature.in and LocalNews.in drop, or should I renew them?

Edit:

Not sure what to do with these either:

InsurancePolicies.EU
PokerBonusCodes.EU
PokerVideos.EU


Hmmm... I'm thinking what was I thinking :D
 
I would hold but...I am bullish on .IN
Just look at recent sales.
 
I would hold and develop. Temperature.in/Mexico and add any city you want. Same for local news. Don't forget that "in" is a valid search term and not just an Indian TLD
 
I would hold all but pokerbonuscodes.eu
 
LocalNews.in
PokerVideos.EU
These are okay. .EU may come around, but I would not hold my breath (and I am not holding 75% of mine)
 
I would drop all of them.

I have 3-4 one word .eu domains that havent went anywhere since the launch...
 
Thanks for the responses all...

Now I am thinking

LocalNews.in/Miami etc etc
Temperature.in/Florida etc etc

Might only keep the PokerVideos.eu out of the EU ones.
 
Here's most recent published .in sales (6 months):

Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru
LiveScore in $1,550 Mar 07 Sedo
PokerInfo in $1,117 Mar 07 Sedo
WAP in $2,500 Feb 07 Sedo
Marketplace in $1,947 Feb 07 Sedo
Blackjack in $5,255 Feb 07 Sedo
Parrot in $1,000 Feb 07 Afternic
Xmas in $972 Jan 07 Sedo
Present in $540 Dec 06 Sedo
WebSense in $1,500 Dec 06 Sedo
Zoom in $3,000 Nov 06 Sedo
FantasyCricket in $200 Oct 06 Afternic

And first page of most recent .eu sales (3 months):

Domain TLD SalePrice SaleDate SaleThru
Sieker eu $788 Mar 07 Sedo
Handicapper eu $3,100 Mar 07 Pool
PairNic eu $1,000 Mar 07 Sedo
Seidl eu $1,198 Mar 07 Sedo
InterPro eu $920 Mar 07 Sedo
Westernreiten eu $986 Mar 07 Sedo
MangaShop eu $2,484 Mar 07 Sedo
CareerOnline eu $237 Mar 07 Sedo
Bioetyc eu $585 Mar 07 Sedo
Miscanthus eu $591 Mar 07 Sedo
SpanishVillas eu $1,065 Mar 07 Sedo
Matthies eu $2,669 Mar 07 Sedo
Schippers eu $1,320 Mar 07 Sedo
Bankenverband eu $3,961 Mar 07 Sedo
Reliasoft eu $1,782 Mar 07 Sedo
IBFD eu $975 Mar 07 Sedo
Schleiftechnik eu $1,335 Mar 07 Sedo
Inoxfil eu $500 Mar 07 Sedo
WorldProperty eu $1,577 Mar 07 Sedo

From the volume of .eu sales, I'd say .eu is heating up. My choice would be to keep the one-word .in domains (from hacked domain perspective) and the two-word .eu (assuming renewal isn't excessive).

My $.02
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom