Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Trademark Infringement!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm, does DNF tolerate this kind of behavior? Just asking.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope we all dont mind i re-open an old thread.

This guy has threatend me for a second time now and I'm feeling its time to bite back. I've made my best effort to bring him up in a few places.

How are you being threatened, you weren't the thread starter?

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brought it up as its the same person. It's known he does this often and of course others may appreciate knowing the scoop.

When he first sent me a c&d i wasnt sure what to make of it, i got pretty pissed and replied as such to his email. I of course dug deeper and came to realize this fellow does do this almost like a hobby its so regular. I ended up getting pre-occupied and of course let it go into history. He now sent my servers abuse department a letter with all sorts of legal mumbo jumbo and although I'm not personally threatend I dont like abuse letters.

Either way, I'm moving on again and now I'm going to go back strong into that market. I've already made arrangments for a nice rack of 5 servers to get me going. The server is overkill for a new start but it will ensure sweet speed to accomidate a cgi proxy and others. His business is to have a cgi proxy served with a side of SSL. that is a pretty good setup. He allows free access with the ads all over the place. His main business in this is selling time on the proxy without the ads.

I'm making myself a plan to hopefully be an attractive service. It's quite possible I'll make alot of money at it as well. I have had many proxies and they were alot of work but I stepped back for a few months knowing I'd get back into them. I figure if i go back into it with the right plan, I'll not only do well for myself, but will show him it is not always wise to attract attention to yourself in areas you generate alot of money. I would never suggest to people to do any business I want to develop in but in this case the more people that realize the unreal revenue you can earn in proxy sites will be the more people who get into it and inevitable take his business down or at least cost him. For me that is satisfaction in the long run.

Agree with me or disagree with me, I hold no qualms. The buzz I get having a goal (whatever it may be) has always done well for me in the domain business, and in retail business, and at work.

How are you being threatened, you weren't the thread starter?

Depending on who runs your server, and the relationship you have with them. An abuse letter can have you shut down. Just thought I would add what effect even a BS claim can have when you some edgy sites.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assume from your response it's dealing with the same domain and trademark claim, ie., proxify.
It doesn't seem that he does anything more than send out e-mails, letters, and make threats.

Why don't you just tell to take you to court, and get the whole thing over with. No one has a trademark rights or any other rights over the whole proxy service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators