Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Traffic on .technology gtld domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been seeing moderate traffic on one of my .technology domain. I have a simple 1-page index stating what the domain is. It's not indexed on google or bing, so I think it's being accessed directly.

Has anyone seen any traffic on your new gtld domains?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't have Analytics on the site (since you said 1 page and you need a PP to put up Analytics, just so you don't get banned worse case if you have it on and don't...), check the server logs to see if they're bots or not. See which IP accessed your site, run a quick query to see if that's associated with a known bot and use ARIN to see where they are coming from. It may give you a general direction on whether it's a domainer's quick whois tool or bots. I doubt the general public is doing direct type-in's of this extension as of this decade.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have sitemeter. No time now to build it. They're not bots but u could be right about other domainers checking it.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can never be too unsure about them being bots. I've created PHP scripts to act identical to a person for one website so it didn't seem as if I were crawling the website. Execution of the script happened in the US, but queries needed to come from Japan and be randomly timed as a human would do (login on lunch, login after work, take a day off, etc.) so that the website wouldn't catch on and end ability I'm able to use (or make it harder with captchas, etc.).

You really can't tell who is a bot and who isn't to be honest. ;)

visit

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have since beginning of last week a lot of traffic to my gTLDs, most of my traffic i have from real type-in for .berlin .contractors and construction, for .berlin traffic comes from northamerica, greatbritain and japan, for contractors and construction from china

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom