Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Transfering domains from an enom reseller to enom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently bought an enom reseller account and I want to transfer a few domains from my old NameCheap account to my new enom reseller account. Since NameCheap is an enom reseller and this really wouldn't be transfering to a different "registrar" do I need to put in for a transfer on enom.com or ask NameCheap to push the domains to my enom account? Part of the reason I'm confused is because of what it says on enom's Transfer Form...

"When to use this form:
This form allows you to request a domain name transfer from another Registrar to eNom. Do not use this form if you want to register a name, host a name (DNS), change DNS information, or push a name from one eNom account to another eNom account."

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Even though namecheap is an enom "reseller", they are considered a different "registrar".

They are separate companies, and you must treat them as so...going through the normal transfer procedures as you would from registrar to registrar.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks doberry. That's kind of what I thought... but wanted to make sure.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So... the Transfer Form on enom.com would work for transfering a domain from any enom reseller to any other enom reseller?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by greggish
So... the Transfer Form on enom.com would work for transfering a domain from any enom reseller to any other enom reseller?

If you initiate the transfer at a reseller, and the domain is at another reseller yes.

To transfer to your reseller account, just use you control panel, and request the transfer.

Make sure registrar lock is off.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks... I'll give it a shot. I suppose NameCheap or any enom reseller could simply push the domains... but why would they want to make it that easy for you to leave...

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Technically namecheap could push the domain into your eNom account without going through the transfer process, but as doberry said, it's probably best to just initiate a transfer. I've used the transfer process to move an eNom registered domain into a different eNom account, because I forgot the password (infact I forgot the account name too) of the original account, so you can use the transfer form to move a domain between eNom accounts.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks... I'll give it a shot. I suppose NameCheap or any enom reseller could simply push the domains... but why would they want to make it that easy for you to leave...

They would have to put it in their main reseller account with enom, and then push it to your enom account, so you would actually be asking them to do a favor for you, to get them to lose your business.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry

They would have to put it in their main reseller account with enom, and then push it to your enom account, so you would actually be asking them to do a favor for you, to get them to lose your business.

True, I wouldn't expect them to do that... although Rick at NameCheap is a pretty nice guy, I doubt he's that nice. Shiftlock, thanks for the info, thats good to know in case I forget any account passwords in the future. :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

although Rick at NameCheap is a pretty nice guy,

Yes he is indeed.

I think it also looks kind of insulting...to a company that hasn't done you wrong (in general).

If I were you, I'd sneak out the back door, instead of calling attention...

Know what I mean.

:D

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry

Yes he is indeed.

I think it also looks kind of insulting...to a company that hasn't done you wrong (in general).

If I were you, I'd sneak out the back door, instead of calling attention...

Know what I mean.

:D

Quoting my own post, lol...

There's nothing wrong with moving registrars to save money....I just wouldn't ask the losing registrar to "push" it.

I would wait 'til it's close to expiry, and do the transfer.

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Although I am sure you do not want to hear this, I have suggested in the past that all eNom resellers unite in this regard. It has been suggested that an eNom reseller charge $2 for each name pushed. This is the current policy of Dnbuy.com and we don't think it's such a bad idea if more eNom resellers adopted this policy.

It would be a very easy system to implement and would provide a new revenue stream for an already commoditized market.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
greggish : have you 'pushed' the domain from namecheap to your enom account ? Is there any fee or you have to renew one year ?

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is no option in NameCheap's control panel to push a domain, so I would have had to email them and ask them to push it. It seems kind of rude to ask them to go out of their way to help me leave so I just put in a transfer request on enom. If I didn't have this lower cost reseller account I would have stayed with NameCheap. Their service has been great.

d'backs

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
what did he do to you Nameguy? Just curious.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just transferred several domains from RegisterFly.com

Do it like a normal transfer.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am moving all my domains from Namecheap.com to my enom also. I don't really feel all that bad about saving myself money I did front the cash for the 6.95 account for this purpose so why not take advantage of it.

I am glad someone answered this question because I was about to test it shortly when my domains come up for renewal. I still refer many people to NameCheap. Great prices and good support. They are very popular on webhostingtalk.com and I definitely see why. I love their new interface.

ricardo2002

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello,
What I supposedly did to NameGuy that was just so awful was report him for self spamming over at webhosting talk. In fact, he not only self spammed but did so without representing himself as the owner of the company. Unfortunately for him he also made the mistake of posting some domains for sale which were registered to him which gave him away. NameGuy if you have have an issue following rules I apologize. Unfortunately, we pay to advertise over there. The next time you feel the need to cheat on our dime just ask me and I'll give you one.

Best,
Richard Kirkendall
NameCheap.com

P.S. Greggish , email me your list of domains along with your enom username and I will take care of that transfer for you.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The powerpipe.com people wouldn't do the push thing... They told me to use the transfer function. I would have stayed with them if it werent for the lower prices I was getting without them (though they were a bit slow answering emails, I had no other complaints).

I can understand companies not wanting to push... I'm not sure I would :). (Except maybe with the $2 fee, that sounds reasonable).

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ricardo2002

Best,
Richard Kirkendall
NameCheap.com

P.S. Greggish , email me your list of domains along with your enom username and I will take care of that transfer for you.

Hey Rick! I didn't know you frequented here. That's cool of you to do that favor for Greggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators