Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Translate.com sells for $853,000

Reaction score
Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wanted to translate some Chinese the udder day

soooo, I went to google and used their tiz-zool

:)

imo...

Reaction score
I think though if you wanted lots of documents translated on a daily/weekly basis for distribution in other parts of the world you wouldn't use google ;) Also a native speaker is always going to be better than an automated tool - don't get me wrong google is great but it falls down very quickly on a few hundred words. So you may end up not appealing to the people who expect free translations of a few lines but a lot of businesses are far bigger and would already pay for translations anyway. However I think the issue is revenue, regardless of whether we think it's worth it. If a domain (any domain) can prove it's making $30k profit per month as claimed in this sale it would immediately be worth a multiple of that if sustainable. Then on top of that you have a premium dot com. Income alone it should be fetching at least 3 years (I always expect 5) times revenue which would be $1m straight away. Now add on the value of the domain itself.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't questioning value or sale price,
to me, it is what it is

was just speaking out loud bout the coincidentals

i didn't read the details but now since you mentioned the numba's....
to me, seems like they sold too low

if it was mine, making $30k a month.....the name wouldn't be for sale!

:)

imo....

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rob the stats you linked to have been removed.. You mention 400K revenue, but also 30K profit per month...

There is a heck of a lot difference between revenue and profit.. You might have 400K revenue but negative income. If its 400K profits in 9 months then yes totally agree, it undersold.. If its 400K revenue we cant really say without the profit and loss statement. The domain itself is easy 500K for the right end user.. But if the company comes with a debt. Who knows.

Reaction score
Yes I know. The figures said something like 400k revenue and 330k cashflow (hinted profit hence my estimate of $30k per month) for 9 months. It was also stated that there was hardly any work or outlay. There was no mention of debt. Obviously a buyer would have needed to see P&L but unless the costs were something like 90% of the revenue (hard to see why that would be the case in this market) then this is an appalling deal for the seller as the domain itself is worth 500k+. Anyway it is my experience that stats mostly fail to be true when placed under scrutiny.

Last edited:

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There could be 90% cost if it was manual translation that was outsourced. If thats the case then its just a lead funnel really. Also the choice of mentioning cashflow instead of profits do indicate debt to me. But yes on the face of it seems like a low sale..

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators