Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Triathletes.org ? ? ?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Triathletes.org

I am not a big dotorg guy and this is one of only a few I own... but I think it is pretty good. It gets anywhere from 2 to 25 type-in hits a day, so there is some interest in it. Someone just offered me $50 for it. I was thinking I should be able to get at least $200 for it.

Anybody have any thoughts on this one?

Thanks a lot...

Doug

Domain summit 2024

Hi doug,

I'd be holding out for more, seems the are a few triatletes associations out there and this would be a very good name for them.

I think its worth $500 as a very rough estimate.

Maybe the traffic is from people looking for, http://www.triathletes-uk.org ?

Initial offers are almost always far less than the price they would be willing to go to.

Its good that the site snoopy posted exists and that the BTA use a .org too - and thats just in the UK, so people are used to using .org's within that sector.

$500 sounds reasonable, you could maybe suggest to some of the commercial companies associated with triathlons that they could set up an information portal using your .org and use it to funnel visitors to their commercial sites.

DotDealers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got them up to $200, but they said they would not go any higher. I just checked and Triathletes.com and especially Triathletes.net both have nice websites up, so I am thinking I should definitely holdout.

Thanks,

Doug

Good luck Doug, sometimes "taking it away" brings them to their senses and all of a sudden their highest offer - well - wasn't :)

If they really can't pay more than $200 for a domain then there's something wrong.

Personally I wouldn't never sell a domain for that price especially since that they contacted you first and I'm assuming they are in the triatletes area. I'd probably let it slide myself unless you need the cash.

Either sell it for $200 or hush :D
Seriously, it's an ORG and it's not even TRIATHLON.org
Best of luck.

chris

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with timechange -- you should sell it.

Good luck,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom