Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Trifecta - now to get the quad!

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you are aware that I've been collecting dogbreed.tld domains - and I'm sure some of you know I fancy the Belgian shepherd breed. A few years ago I was able to get Laekenois.net though a drop (the most uncommon of the 4 varieties) and a few weeks ago I got Tervuren.net though a backorder, too (the one where I didn't realize it was an offer and not a proxy bid though NJ).

Well, I am happy to say that I have successfully acquired (backorder though Snap) Groenendael.net - this means I have 3 of the 4 varieties .net - the only one left is malinois.net but I'm sure that will be extremely expensive since they are very popular.

But, I can't complain about having 3 out of the 4. :)

Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
Just out of interest have you already approached the malinois.net owner? I ask because it looks like a landing page and with things like 'car rentals' there doesn't look like he has a plan for it.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just out of interest have you already approached the malinois.net owner? I ask because it looks like a landing page and with things like 'car rentals' there doesn't look like he has a plan for it.

Current owner can now claim type-in traffic driving up the price for enduser Draggar, courtesy of this thread.

On a serious note, it's great that you found something of interest that you can build upon.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On a serious note, it's great that you found something of interest that you can build upon.

The breeds (especially malinois) have gained a lot of popularity because of Seal Team 6 last year and I already see unethical breeders starting to pop up and discredit ethical ones. At least this way I can promote ethical breeding practices and promote ethical breeders.

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3 out of 4 isn't bad at all! Just remember to constantly keep an eye on the fourth..It very well might not get renewed some year!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would still try and work out a deal with the owner of the .net. Possibly they're a member on here and you can use your DNF$ to your advantage for an upgrade or something. :)

Have you tried the inquire button to see if you can work out a deal?

I know sometimes working with 3rd parties like Bodis/DomainNameSales you're going to get outrageous pricing like $XX,XXX to high $XXX,XXX for reseller names of high $XXX to mid $XXXX, or even names that wouldn't sell for over a bill on DNF.

I approached DNS and asked about a LLLL.com that had no real acronym (such as LMAO, or even in an acronym dictionary for that matter), but they quoted me $20,000 for it. I said that I was a reseller myself and saw that $1,500 would be fit for the name (as I was going to develop it)... they said "they're not going to lose a client by offering $1,500 for a firm $20,000 domain". In the meantime in 2020... it becomes a GoDaddy drop...

So, I'm sure if you did inquire, you did get a similar response back... and if not, you will because of this thread. ;)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, a mistake on my part turned out to save me a lot of money (and I had a lot of luck). groenendael.org dropped and I forgot to back order it but I was just able to pick it up as a hand reg. :D

So, for this particular breed I have the singular and plural in .net and .org (4 domains).

Woohoo!!!

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators