Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Troubles with gandi.net anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminated

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'v been looking for some time for a reliable domain registrar in Europe for personal use (no reselling, not too big amount of domains) and after reading/googling for a while I went with Gandi.

I found using them completely OK in standard registration issues, but the last couple of weeks I wonder if I've made the right choice.

It started by my request to register, what was considered, a premium, domain with "exotic" (cc)TLD. I made an inquiry, got a reply about the price and payment options. Same day I initiated a wire transfer from an EU bank to their bank (in France, so - EU). All my wire transactions I've ever done within EU were cleared and completed on the second business day (even wires to US are not taking longer than 3 days), but Gandi showed my money ~10 days after the payment! It was ridiculous! I wander what they did with it for over a week (I have my guesses though)...

Now, after the money is on my "prepaid account" since Monday morning (7th of June) and my repeating messages to the "support" to proceed with the registration I just get no any reply. Nothing!
And, while trying to search for support options on their site, I couldn't find their phone listed anywhere. I'm stuck with mail support which they simply ignore (?)...

So, I have three questions:
1. Does anyone know their (support) phone number?
2. Has anything similar happened to any of you with Gandi that I should be aware of?
3. Do you know any other really reliable domain registrar in Europe that can be used for personal registration and is not charging several times higher than the industry standard (I am ready to pay more, but some registrars are taking only resellers/domainers and their retail price is too big)?

Thanks a lot.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

UPDATE:
I've just received a phone call from Gandi support with explanation that the support person dedicated to me was away from the office and that the domain registration procedure is indeed initiated. With saying sorry for not getting back the past few days and I bought it. :)

Thank you DNForum for existence :)

bestnames

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Illuminated,
Sorry to hear about your issues with Gandi.Net,

I have an account with them,but I always pay by visa or by paypal no problem with them so far so good

The owner and publisher of this website is Gandi SAS, a simplified joint-stock company registered under French law with a capital of 37,000 Euros.

Its headquarters are located at 15 Place de la Nation, Paris (75011), France
Registered with the Paris RCS – French Trade Registry - under number 423 093 459.
Intracommunal VAT number FR81423093459
Phone: +33.(1)43.73.78.51
Fax: +33.(1)43.73.18.51

Contact us: [email protected]
Note: Support requests must be made using the online form.

The editor in chief is: Stephan Ramoin ([email protected])

Also take a look at this link http://blog.reactive-software.com/real-customer-service-experience-at-gandi/

illuminated

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@bestnames: thanks a lot for all this info! :)

Luckily, the problem seems solved in the mean time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom