Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Trying to Complete a Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am trying to finish a sale that has been in the works for a while for. I agreed to sell the name based on a quick turnaround and Sedo stated that this could be done.

So, the buyer sent payment - now neither of us has heard from the fine folks at Sedo.

How long from payment delivery to acknowledgment to buyer and seller? Both he buyer and I have sent emails to Sedo but have heard nothing :(

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As my experience that just finished a transaction via sedo few days ago, I received my payment via paypal in no time. However, I also has experience via wire transfer method before, it took me 10 days to 2 weeks to receive my payment.

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yesonline said:
As my experience that just finished a transaction via sedo few days ago, I received my payment via paypal in no time. However, I also has experience via wire transfer method before, it took me 10 days to 2 weeks to receive my payment.
Thanks for the feedback :)

The buyer made payment more than a week ago and copied Sedo on the email asking them to confirm either way if they have received it. No response... I think 3 emails have been sent so far...

... so much for the much needed quick turnaround.

Sedo - please respond to emails!

EDIT: I love this forum :) You get results form posting. Thanks for the email Sedo :)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I now have a domain that was sold on the 27th of July. Send contract 2 days later. Resend it the day after cause they lost it. No news whatsoever since then. NOTHING!
Emailed Justin and Matt. Noone replies! HELP!!!!

cwsteam.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
same case with me. buyer sent payment to them but they are not responding to my emails / questions...!!

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Transfers can take several weeks to complete in full - especially if the buyer has made payment to Sedo by bank transfer.
International bank transfers can take up to two weeks, especially if the buyer does not use the correct IBAN code etc. Also, many buyers forget to actually specify what the payment is for - this slows down our processing of the payment.
If you have a problem with an individual transfer, you will need to email me at [email protected] with your Sedo log-in name and the domain name involved in the transfer.
Then I can look into it for you.
Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager

SEDO.COM :: Buy and Sell Domain Names and Websites

tel +49 (221)-420-758-287 :: fax +49 (212)-202-3951
email: [email protected] :: url: www.sedo.com

_______________________ :: make a name for yourself.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is absolutelly no excuse in my case. You have not even replied to a single one of my emails in the past MONTH!

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
I now have a domain that was sold on the 27th of July. Send contract 2 days later. Resend it the day after cause they lost it. No news whatsoever since then. NOTHING!
Emailed Justin and Matt. Noone replies! HELP!!!!

Hi Konstantinos,

It seems like you might have a problem with your email. I responded to your email (sent on a Saturday) first thing Monday morning.

My response was that, although you claim not to have received emails from your Sedo Transfer Agent, he has been working on your transfer-- in fact, he has sent no less than six notifications and reminders to the buyer urging him to make the payment. Try asking Escrow.com to do that!

Please talk to your email service provider about why your email account is not receiving our mails.

Sincerely,

Matt Bentley
CEO, Sedo.com

dvdrip said:
There is absolutelly no excuse in my case. You have not even replied to a single one of my emails in the past MONTH!

Konstantinos, please see my reply above.

Matt

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with my email.

I got your email on Monday. My post above was on Sunday. I got 0 emails from Justin in the past month although I send him 2 or 3 emails direct and also used the online form in sedo twice.

I got an email from him today finally. He apologised for the late responce time.
Here is what he wrote:
"Please accept my apologies for the extended response time to your query. Unfortunately, due to staff-shortages and illness we have been unable to keep up with the sustained demand imposed upon the transfer team, however this should be rectified within the coming days and weeks."

Although I accept the apology, this no excuse for a company such as sedo.

domainicanicanica

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Typical Sedo. Blame the messenger.

I've had loads of trouble with 2 previous sales because of Sedo. Now for this current 3rd sale, Sedo received the buyer's money over 2 weeks ago. Then Sedo wanted me to renew my name to extend the expiration, even though it had over a month remaining.

I wrote back and told Justin he's got over a month to complete the sale.

After that, no response. So I sent several emails. A week later, Justin responds. He states that they will have buyer's registrar contact me for the transfer.

Another week goes by and, today, Alexander from Sedo states that I must unlock my name and that they've started the transfer request "some time ago".

I emailed back and told him:
1. the name has been unlocked since the end of last month
2. no registrar has tried to contact me.

Incidentally, don't believe Nora. I emailed her about the delay and her response was:
"Please direct questions about the transfer to your transfer agent, Justin.
You can contact him at [email protected].
I'm afraid I do not handle transfers.
I have informed him of your wishes regarding the sale.

Kind Regards,

Nora Cotter
Key Account Manager"

Kind of gives you a warm and tingly feeling knowing they're looking out for your best interests.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello from Sedo,

While I understand your frustration, please note that while you may not receive regular emails from your transfer agent, your transfer is being processed.
I'm afraid that many transfers involve many more steps than simply payment entry and the technical transfer of the domain.
A lot depends on how quickly the buyer reacts to transfer instructions and also on the registrars involved.
I do however, agree that an increased degree of communication between transfer parties and transfer agents would be helpful for all concerned.

The transfer team was informed of your request and you were supplied with the contact information of your transfer agent.
Regretfully, I could not help you further, as again, I do not process transfers.

Regards,
Nora from Sedo
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom