Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed tutorialselect.com - Links to over 7500 tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey, im selling TutorialSelect.com, the site has over 7970 photoshop and PHP tutorials. And makes around $20 a month through adsense. I sometimes charge $20 a week to add peoples links to the site. The site currently has a PR3 looking at PR4/5 the next update. The Alexa is currently 74,174

sketchynetwk

Delete this fucking account please.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please supply proof of revenue, google revenue, statistics for the site...you need to give a lot more info...

BIN?
Starting Bid?
Is this an auction?

sketchynetwk

Delete this fucking account please.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for BIN, revenue, etc

jeremymgp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Please could you post or PM the following:
1. traffic stats
2. revenue stats
3. BIN price if any
4. How you collected your tutorials and if there are any copyright issues.

Nice site, assuming the tutorials are OK I'm interested :).

Thanks and all the best,
Jeremy

diraytrongcay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chatted with the seller, he is looking for a $xxxx range

Xemion

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please give us more information on where the tutorial links come from. You can publish Adsense revenue publicly (new rule a couple months ago), just not CTR or CTM rates.

kenni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

jeremymgp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

You seem to have a system where tutorials themselves are not added to your site, but just a tutorial URL. When you click on a tutorial link, the external tutorial page gets loaded in a new window with 2 frames, an empty one and a 100% frame. This allows you to show an external page, but using your own site's URL.

So for example clicking on a link to: http://www.tutorialselect.com/tutorial_8003_create_and_place_a_tattoo_into_your_photos.html
will take you to
http://www.tutorialselect.com/viewtut.php?id=8003
which then opens a new frames window with
this page in one frame:
http://tutorialweb.org/tutorialweb-tattoo.html
and this page in an invisible frame:
http://www.tutorialselect.com/tutorial_8003_create_and_place_a_tattoo_into_your_photos.html[
allowing you to show your own URL.

This means that the content isn't actually on your site but your invisible frame makes it look like it is. Buyers should at least be aware of this. Good luck with the sale,

Kind Regards,
Jeremy

Aplusmedia

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure the tutorials were not submitted by the users. Where did you get the tutorials' list from? what guarantee do we have that you wont be selling it again?

After you sell this site, you could easily setup another clone of the site and sell again.

kenni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@jeremymgp: This is how most tutorial sites work. Some frame their tutorials, they frame there tutorials and even add adverts to the frames to bring in more revenue. Look at www.pixel2life.com, dnt frame the tutorials but they could easily frame it. instead they do a straight redirect I decided to frame it and add NO ads, this is better for search engines as they index the urls better. I added on mod_rewrite to cut out the dynamic urls, this is picked up better on search engines. I wont set up anymore tutorials sites using this sites db, im trying to move out of photoshop etc and move on to bigger things, i wouldnt rip some one off like that

Designcrowd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am sick of people sticking in their comments when the thread is of no interest to them and it’s about time the mods did something about this.

It is clear by 'jeremymgp' signature that he is a competitor and his comments are nothing to do with him wanting to purchase this site. Comments like his are damaging and should simply not be allowed.

Kenni is selling this site and good luck to him, but hey guys, if you are interested then sure ask the questions, if not mind your own business and leave the buyers and sellers alone. I have noticed more and more these threads getting hi-jacked by people that have no interest whatsoever

And before you may think it I do not know Kenni from the next guy but if he wants to sell his site then that’s all good and if you have any accusations or insinuations then you should inform the mods and not air them in the open forum

Purely my observations, don’t know what you guys think?

Regards
JohnT

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom