Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed tutorialselect.com - Links to over 7500 tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Designcrowd said:
I am sick of people sticking in their comments when the thread is of no interest to them and it’s about time the mods did something about this.

It is clear by 'jeremymgp' signature that he is a competitor and his comments are nothing to do with him wanting to purchase this site. Comments like his are damaging and should simply not be allowed.

Kenni is selling this site and good luck to him, but hey guys, if you are interested then sure ask the questions, if not mind your own business and leave the buyers and sellers alone. I have noticed more and more these threads getting hi-jacked by people that have no interest whatsoever

And before you may think it I do not know Kenni from the next guy but if he wants to sell his site then that’s all good and if you have any accusations or insinuations then you should inform the mods and not air them in the open forum

Purely my observations, don’t know what you guys think?

Regards
JohnT

I think that the TITLE OF THIS SECTION is 'Developed Sites', not 'links to sites that other people built that I wrap a frame around and pretend is my own'.

This is a form type of 'content theft', online, and the excuse that 'other people are doing it' doesn't cut it. Yes, the moderators should do somthing about this --- perhaps ban the member for what some would consider counterfeiting of others' sites.

What's being sold here - is anything -- is a page with a list of links to other people's tutorials. That may have some value to some people - but to pass it off as a 'developed website' is a deceptive practice AT BEST.

kenni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its a tutorial indexing site, lookat tutorial-zone.com, pixel2life.com, good-tutorials.com. they all tutorial submission sites, visitors submit here = http://www.tutorialselect.com/addtutorial.php and i accept at the admin panel! This is a way for smaller site to get hit. The site also list the author other tutorials http://www.tutorialselect.com/author/CRAP Design.html and as i said the frame can be removed

i didnt pretend the content is mine, the script gets it from a MySQL database

Designcrowd

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark surely you cannot be that blinkered?

If your philosophy holds true then do we ban all the dropshippers, all the Amazon linked sites, all the turnkey sites and so on and so on. I beg to differ completely, this is a site for selling websites - full stop, what will rules do you want to place next? For instance where does the script come from that drives your IP site?

However you term it Juniperpark, all of the sites that are placed here for sale have had to be developed in one way or another and I would suggest that your comments are a bit of an insult to almost all the people who sell their sites here. You can almost guarantee that a very large proportion of them rely on information from other sources in one way or another.

Regards
JohnT

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Designcrowd said:
JuniperPark surely you cannot be that blinkered?

If your philosophy holds true then do we ban all the dropshippers, all the Amazon linked sites, all the turnkey sites and so on and so on. I beg to differ completely, this is a site for selling websites - full stop, what will rules do you want to place next? For instance where does the script come from that drives your IP site?

However you term it Juniperpark, all of the sites that are placed here for sale have had to be developed in one way or another and I would suggest that your comments are a bit of an insult to almost all the people who sell their sites here. You can almost guarantee that a very large proportion of them rely on information from other sources in one way or another.

Regards
JohnT

Look at the title of this thread - it suggests a site WITH 7500 tutorials, not links to 7500 tutorials on other sites who may not appreciate it and certainly won't apprecate the frame wrapper to their own URL.

How about I offer to buy your car for "a billion dollars". You give me the car, and I give you a slip of paper with the name "Bill Gates" on it and his address. I think you might be a little upset by that desception, but it's pretty much the same thing that's going on here.

quikx6x

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Juniper, things like this are mutual. Do you consider Zach from www.good-tutorials.com to be a crook because he does the same thing? I wouldn't. In fact, as a tutorial writer myself, if my tutorials were not put into databases such as tutorialselect or good-tutorials, i would lose 95% of my traffic for some of my websites, and I would not be writing tutorials at all.

If you're not interested in the site, I would suggest not spreading such nonsense about it, because this website is both valuable to a potential buyer and to the tutorial writers whose content you believe is being stolen.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No comments is a sales thread. Thanks

I see no scam here. I see a portal of sorts, linking to the sites in question. That also means that the people that get the traffic get to earn money from ads, so I see nothing wrong here. If yahoo and google did not link to sites, thier search engine would be useless.

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i will bid $600 but still need to know when this will end?

thanks

jeremymgp

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Bid retracted, auction still has no closing time.

Best Regards,
Jeremy

kenni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
BIN now at $2000 and bid closes at 25 september or when BIN/suitable offer recieved. thanks

kenni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
reserve is at low $x,xxx, anything under and the site will not be sold

kenni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alexa now at 65,600, any takers?

kenni

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TutorialSelect is still available to buy. I am considering all offers so keep them coming. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom