Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

UDRP Settled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone settled a UDRP arbitration before answering?
How do you transfer the name if it's locked at registar because of the UDRP arbitration?

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both WIPO and NAF have a form for requesting a joint suspension of the proceeding. When the registrar is notified of the joint suspension, then both parties inform the registrar that a settlement pursuant to transfer of the domain name has been reached, and have the registrar transfer the domain name. Transfers from the respondent to the complainant are permitted.

Alternatively, have the complainant withdraw the complaint, and then proceed with the transfer. Some complainants will be suspicious that you won't follow through, so they usually prefer going the suspension route.

By the way, if the dispute is at WIPO, the complainant will receive a $1,000 refund in fees paid for the proceeding, if it is settled prior to going to a panel, which is something to think about...

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks John. I couldn't find the form on WIPOs web site so I emailed them.

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have settled numerous UDRP cases. You and the other party need to advise the Provider (e.g. NAF or WIPO) that the matter is settled and request that it be stayed or suspended to allow the transfer. Once you receive official notice that it is stayed or suspended, you provide this notice to the registar who will transfer the name. You can then terminate the proceeding.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow, Ari Goldberger. I've heard of you.... I forget where, but I believe it was in very complementary context in regards to your knowledge of domain/internet law.

You are the gentleman that defended your domain from Esquire Magazine, right?

-WC-

HLK

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have used Ari in the past and highly recommend his services.
He puts your interests first and above making himself money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom