Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed UGUY.com What's it worth? What can I do with it?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

UGUY.com What's it worth? What can I do with it? Does this even lead you to think anything??

UGUY.com

Don

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It took me 15 seconds to see "you guy". I first thought it was a misspell of ugly.

well I guess its both. I dont see value either way.

R

rebies

Until I read doberry's post, I thought it was ugly.com too.

Since it looks to be ugly.com, you should make a pun on it and put up a site called "Ugly GUY". Don't know what you would do with it though. How about "Ugly GUY Web Designs" with a slogan of "Not nearly as ugly as us!"

Seriously though. A 4 letter dot com is worth something. I think because most people will initially read it as UGLY.com instead detracts from its value though.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, our (speedy-reading) eyes, including mine, saw UGLY.com not UGUY.com This is probably because UGLY is the most common word stasting with "UG-" (Uganda?) Our processing system is used to seeing it a certain way.

BUt to type (or mistype it for that matter) is a whole different issue and I do not think you can capitalize on this perception idiosyncrasy.

uGuys would be easier to see and remember. uGUY.com is problematic as content-betraying but it is still a 4 letter word com which makes some sense. Valuation should be standard these days for it.

It may be destined into a "me too" site "I like ______(fill in blank ie sports), how about YOU, guy?"

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought this was interesting...

Adjective: u
1. (chiefly British) of or appropriate to the upper classes especially in language use

Anyone else ever heard of this usage before?! ...A mistake?

Also...

Noun: U
1. A heavy toxic silvery-white radioactive metallic element; occurs in many isotopes; used for nuclear fuels and nuclear weapons

So perhaps Uguy is a comicbook superhero? ...UraniumGuy!

K

kingdon

Thanks for the posts, I now see the ug"L"y facts about this name. I'm working on a new cookie cutter type site layout for my one page wonders, and was hoping to find some type of product to throw on this one. I like the UraniumGuy idea, but I can't draw. I will change it to uGuy right away, and the number one reason I took it was because it's only 4 characters, I think I could get $100 on e-bay for it. Thanks again for the input,

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom