• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed UGUY.com What's it worth? What can I do with it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingdon
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

Guest
UGUY.com What's it worth? What can I do with it? Does this even lead you to think anything??

UGUY.com

Don
 
It took me 15 seconds to see "you guy". I first thought it was a misspell of ugly.

well I guess its both. I dont see value either way.
 
Until I read doberry's post, I thought it was ugly.com too.

Since it looks to be ugly.com, you should make a pun on it and put up a site called "Ugly GUY". Don't know what you would do with it though. How about "Ugly GUY Web Designs" with a slogan of "Not nearly as ugly as us!"

Seriously though. A 4 letter dot com is worth something. I think because most people will initially read it as UGLY.com instead detracts from its value though.
 
Yes, our (speedy-reading) eyes, including mine, saw UGLY.com not UGUY.com This is probably because UGLY is the most common word stasting with "UG-" (Uganda?) Our processing system is used to seeing it a certain way.

BUt to type (or mistype it for that matter) is a whole different issue and I do not think you can capitalize on this perception idiosyncrasy.

uGuys would be easier to see and remember. uGUY.com is problematic as content-betraying but it is still a 4 letter word com which makes some sense. Valuation should be standard these days for it.

It may be destined into a "me too" site "I like ______(fill in blank ie sports), how about YOU, guy?"
 
I thought this was interesting...

Adjective: u
1. (chiefly British) of or appropriate to the upper classes especially in language use

Anyone else ever heard of this usage before?! ...A mistake?


Also...

Noun: U
1. A heavy toxic silvery-white radioactive metallic element; occurs in many isotopes; used for nuclear fuels and nuclear weapons

So perhaps Uguy is a comicbook superhero? ...UraniumGuy!
 
Thanks for the posts, I now see the ug"L"y facts about this name. I'm working on a new cookie cutter type site layout for my one page wonders, and was hoping to find some type of product to throw on this one. I like the UraniumGuy idea, but I can't draw. I will change it to uGuy right away, and the number one reason I took it was because it's only 4 characters, I think I could get $100 on e-bay for it. Thanks again for the input,

Don
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom