Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

UK Registrars

Status
Not open for further replies.

because of current privacy rules, nominet should not divulge the contact details so unless you have a court order or the reseller is overly helpful you're stumped.

its set to change though come summer when they are adding address info (not phone or email though) to the output.

D

DaniilKharms

They seem to have the right idea. ie not publishing e-mail therefore my junk mail won't increase any more, apart from through the post maybe :)

D

DaniilKharms

Just a thought on UK2.

Someone said you have to pay to move from them. I think I have found a loop hole via Joker.com, I have recently transfer some .coms away from UK2 without paying. It may be different with co.uk's though

with uk's the current tag holder has to release them to the new tag holder - unlike .coms where the new registrar does the transfer initiation. You can go direct to nominet, but they contact the tag holder and ask them if there is any reason to not release the domain. If there is a legal contract where it says they charge a trf fee - then nominet should not, in theory, allow the transfer if uk2 say no.

S

sossiges

Great thread this and I have to agree with the comment about easyspace.

IMO this is THE worst reg. company in the universe. They nearly cost me a sale as they took two months to transfer the name.

They have NO phone contact number. What does that say about them.

Currently, I have an excellent domain which is about to expire. I can't log into renew. I email them constantly. They reply with an automated response telling me to log in. Duh?

Avoid at all costs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators