Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

developed uploadhut.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi guys....
This is not a sure sale, cause I'm looking to get the right price...
Probably something that matches "couldn't resist"

Site: http://www.uploadhut.com
Traffic: Increasing like crazy. When I bought it (on these forums, around Apr 5, 2005 ) it was around 8-10k UNIQUES per day. Currently it is approx. 100,000 uniques per day.
Revenue: On the increase.... Again when I bought it, it was around $1200 per month. Now it is around $4000-$6000 per month.
Expense: Server - Approx. $500/mo. That's it.
Time required: 2-4 hrs per week should suffice.
Reason I'm selling: a. Less time b. need to raise money c. am dependant on an admin/programmer to maintain (do not like that)
Approx. asking price: Between 2-3 yrs rev.
Why so high?: Ok, most important question. Well, I just came off a chat with the person who sold me the website and this is what he had to say:
"its amazing that out of all the people that we tried to sell the site to you were the only person to realise it had potential"
Now he helped me all the way to maintain the website... And from around $40 per day, we've grown traffic and I've tweaked things to get it to $150-$200 per day. More time and brainpower should get this to even possibly $300-$500 per day. I already am discussing a program that pays more than Adsense at this time. Based on these factors you can safely make back the money in 1 yr. if you can get to $500 per day. And the constant growth will allow that. In fact we are pruning files in Admin that have not been viewed for 3-7 days. Keep them, and you will have more traffic. Geta good admin, setup things better and you don't even need more expensive servers...
etc....etc.....

So let me know if you have any questions.
Traffic and rev screenshots available to those that post/pm close offers.
I maybe off for a while, so please be patient.
Thank you !

Thanks for all the pms. All replied back.

Here's the Traffic stats :
http://uploadhut.com/view.php/139104.jpg

All the 0's are when the log files get huge, can't process, and technical difficulties with the raw files. People from AWstats were consulted for this by my server guys and it's back up....

Lastly the latest Revenue stats from this month:
http://uploadhut.com/view.php/149840.jpg

Thanks !

Domain Summit 2024

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FP1,
Got your pm and email too.
Emailed you back...

There have been many pm's and email offers on this.
The price has probably not resulted in a sale yet.
For those who are seriously interested, the revenue is upto $200-$300 per day.
So per month you are getting a site that makes around $9000.

Offers, alternativee deals/proposals, trades, welcome.
Thank you !

PS: Is it ok by Google to post screenshots, or divulge revenue from Adsense?

linkreach

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i dont think they like that. good luck with your sale, awesome improvement.

also, is ALL of the revenue from AdSense?

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks linkreach.
No, not all from Adsense. But quite a lot of it.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CEO you got the best deal when you bought the site as when New York got manhattan ;-)

Good luck on the sale. If I had the $$ I'd buy it.

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
CEO you got the best deal when you bought the site as when New York got manhattan ;-)
Good luck on the sale. If I had the $$ I'd buy it.

Thanks for the kind comments. The site was available for quite a while when I decided to buy it. There was good potential I thought, and after asking the seller for the high bid, I offered over 40% extra just for a quick sell. It's fortunate to have worked out so well, and I'm yet grateful to the seller for the deal but more imp. his support.

SWD,
Thank you too.
Best wishes !

SWD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If is true you making 9k a month and paying 500 USD month for servers which I dont find possible with a site getting 100k as you stated. I would keep the site.

no hassle, just 9k coming in every month :), thats just my 2 cents.

best of luck with sale.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SWD said:
If is true you making 9k a month and paying 500 USD month for servers which I dont find possible with a site getting 100k as you stated. I would keep the site.

best of luck with sale.
he said 100k a day not a month which is quite impressive. What he's getting is definitely probable. Alot of upload sites make $50/day which is around $1500/month but this guy gets a ton more traffic (10x).

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In regards to SWD's post on keeping revenue:

That's a nice way of looking at it, and that's the reason I've not sold to offers lower, equalling even 1 yr. However, reason for sale is because, keeping the site as is; won't do any injustice. It is growing and one needs to increase capacity and work in ways to grow in every aspect..... (I don't have the inclination to do that)

The 100k/day is nothing compared to what the future could hold if 'a more motivated owner' works well on the site. Sites such as these are currently online running from 10 different servers to handle the traffic. We are yet on 1, almost bursting, and can accomodate TWICE the uniques within a span of just 1-2 weeks if a proper server plan (hosting/progrmaming etc...) is laid out.

Thanks again !

prose said:
Does it still have that spyware thing from loudcash or is it all adsense and popup revenue?

It does retain that, from the time the site was bought.
We have reduced it by more than 50% and the rest should hopefully disappear soon. Revenue is around 10%-20% from this.

Jeff said:
he said 100k a day not a month which is quite impressive. What he's getting is definitely probable. Alot of upload sites make $50/day which is around $1500/month but this guy gets a ton more traffic (10x).

Rightly put there Jeff. Thank you...
However, if SWD was pointing at the high traffic and low server cost, well that's a fact too.

weeps

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where is all this traffic coming from?

Do you buy any advertising anywhere?

Any idea how much of this traffic is just people visiting the uploaded images, ect versus how many are visiting the actual site? You should put up some kind of counter to determine this as it is pretty important.

linkreach

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SWD said:

best of luck with sale.

why would you think getting 100k uniques a day wouldnt suffice to paying $500/month for a server? i pay $200/month for my dual xeon which i am willing to bet could handle the traffic. Although I might have to buy more bandwidth :) I'm sure the $500/month server is unmetered bandwidth.

FusionHosting

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ceo,

Congrats with the great work developing the service to it's current level.

As far as required hardware/bw, how much BW and what class of server is necessary to run the site currently?

ceo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FusionHosting said:
ceo,
Congrats with the great work developing the service to it's current level.
As far as required hardware/bw, how much BW and what class of server is necessary to run the site currently?

Thanks for the kind words...
Dual Xeon CPU, 2 GB RAM, 2 x 120 GB HDD etc... 50 MBPS unmetereed...

For those that want a peek of revenue this month.
http://uploadhut.com/view.php/149840.jpg

Thanks !

weeps said:
Where is all this traffic coming from?
Do you buy any advertising anywhere?
Any idea how much of this traffic is just people visiting the uploaded images, ect versus how many are visiting the actual site? You should put up some kind of counter to determine this as it is pretty important.

weeps,
- Traffic is coming from a lot of places. All over. People sharing files with others....
- We buy no advertising of any kind.
- There are a lot of people reaching the main site as well as the image pages. I'm sure the image pages get many more uniques relatively....

Still looking for good offers.
Don't be shy, if you'd like to get this site, and are positive about it's potential, then either take it at the BIN price or give me your offer...
Thanks !

impulseleads

Happy Times
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can I ask were you get your hosting for at this price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom