Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Urgent Help Needed Plz : Potentially A Non Paying Bidder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The buyer is from China with 2 bars in the Buyer Activity index on Sedo.
One domain was listed for 9900 , he made an offer of 9999
the other was for 6K and his offer was 8K
defiinitely, I accepted both offers immediately, but I think Its a 99.99% a non paying bidder. What made me accept them is that he got 2 bars? Or are these bars just based on some offers that he does or a form that he signs and thats it?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
two bars, is indication this user has purchased or sold domains before on sedo.

so why do you think the bidder will not pay?

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, for me as a relatively new domainer, these 2 sales would make my quarter. I had a zero bars in the seller activity index, and when I featured a few domains on teh homepage, I got 3 bars!!! Most prolly this buyer might have just activated buyer premium which is nothing comparatively. I dont think he needs to buy something get these 2 bars. And by the way, they are 2 different indices, one for buying activity and the other for selling activities. Any confirmed info that 2 bars means that the buyer HAS solidly bought previously?

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
YEs, the reason I think he will not pay is that he made offers ABOVE the figures I put for these 2 domains. Is it normal to have a domian listed for 6K and get an offer for 8K initially?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you "purchased" featured ads, then you earned those bars

as for normality in domaining.....forget about it.

though i can remember receiving an offer for more than stated amount on sedo before, and buyer claimed they did it so i wouldn't send domain to auction.

so it can happen, but it's outside the norm, when you consider that most bidders start low.

don't worry about things you can't control, either they will pay and you sell the names or they won't, and you get to keep them.

Good Luck!

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks dude. but why would they bother that I send the domain to auction?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Why don't you wait to see if he doesn't pay? At this point, you don't have anything to lose.

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sure, you are right... I will just wait

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're right you have nothing to lose, wait and he might just surprise you and pay. You will have the option to cancel after a number of days if he doesn't submit pymt. I do think it's too good to be true to have offered above asking for TWO domains, unless he wants them BOTH badly, AND you underpriced them. And you're right not to put too much weight on those Sedo yellow bars, however ime the opposite happened, it was slow earning them as a seller and the ones I had as a buyer (I had 5 at one point) disappeared altogether after some time when they saw I wasn't buying anymore, I think I have zero bars as a buyer right now. Sedo penalizes customers that way if they're not frequent buyers or sellers, and many bidders look at those ratings and judge sellers/buyers by them

And you SHOULD always send the domain to auction no matter how good the offer was, even this guy who made two offers above asking, always send to auction, who knows, in those 7 days (up to 7 days, if you think too long when you send it to auction there may only be 1 or 2 days left, auction time left starts running the moment the offer is sent, not the moment you send it to auction) someone may bid higher than the initial offer. Anyone who argues against sending a domain to auction or says it's not worth it waiting 7 more days would be nuts, it's all upside and NO downside (unless buyer tells you he's offering X if you don't send to auction, then you're kind of bound since Sedo has a record of that PM, although they probably won't prevent you from sending to auction just based on that.... but you'll look bad doing it..... or in a case where the buyer contacts you via webpage (if not parked w/Sedo) or the WhoIs telling you he'll offer X if you don't send to auction, you don't honor that and he may expose you)

bazabizo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im surely missing something here. I see only 3 options whenever I receive an offer. Accept, negotiate, cancel. Where is the send to auction one? Excuse me guys, Im relatively new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators