• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Urgent Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
657
Reaction score
2
I have a major problem that I need help with ASAP.

I was using Geocities to build my site because well it's free and web based so it was working out for me. I was getting ready to move everything over to my domain and poof everything is gone.

I checked my email and my geocities account was cancelled, here is the email:

Dear GeoCities customer,

Usage of your Yahoo! GeoCities account was recently identified to be in violation of the GeoCities Terms of Service, and the site and GeoCities account associated with Yahoo! ID (testingarea) have been closed.

Your web site was identified as containing logic redirecting viewers to another site. The GeoCities Terms of Service states that you cannot use your GeoCities home page (or directory) as storage for remote loading or as a door or "signpost" to another home page, whether inside or beyond Yahoo! GeoCities. For more information, please see the Terms of Service at http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/tos/tos.php.

If you feel that your account has been shut down in error, please contact Yahoo! GeoCities Customer Care at [email protected].

Sincerely,
The Yahoo! GeoCities team


I sent off the email, and I have a phone number to call when they open at 6:00am PST.

Has anyone ever experienced this or have any advice? Will I be able to get my files back? That was 2 months of hard work and I need it back. I will remove it off their server immediately, hell I'll stop being cheap and even pay for pro so I can FTP it off of there right quick.

Any help is appreciated right now, I'm desperate to get those files.

-$ideline
 
You could have gotten a cheap hosting account ...
 
You can check if the pages are in the google cache.
Also, check archive.org
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom