Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Urgent Moniker question

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a bit urgent question. If I would push the domain from my Moniker account to another Moniker acc. how much days the domain need to stay at another Moniker acc. before it could be transfered to another registrar?
Thanks, Nick

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Days a domain is in someone's account with Moniker won't matter and pushes to other Moniker customers can be done as often as you wish.- Days a domain has been with Moniker is what matters. - Must be at least 60 days with Moniker altogether before you can take the domain to another registrar .-

Last edited:

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Days a domain is in someone's account with Moniker won't matter and pushes to other Moniker customers can be done as often as you wish.- Days a domain has been with Moniker is what matters. - Must be at least 60 days with Moniker altogether before you can take the domain to another registrar .-

Thanks for the info!
But it means they have something like Godaddy 60 days lock? Mine domain is not a new reg, so I thought it could be transfered from the Moniker any time.
The name was won by me at Snapnames a month or so ago

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!
But it means they have something like Godaddy 60 days lock? Mine domain is not a new reg, so I thought it could be transfered from the Moniker any time.
The name was won by me at Snapnames a month or so ago

All registrars have a sixty day lock after you move a domain to them or you register a new domain with them.- After those sixty days you can transfer it out of Moniker. During those sixty days it doesn't matter how many Moniker accounts the domain was in.-

So it is not like Go Daddy because there you have to wait sixty days after a push to another Go Daddy account and with Moniker you don't.-

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All registrars have a sixty day lock after you move a domain to them or you register a new domain with them.- After those sixty days you can transfer it out of Moniker. During those sixty days it doesn't matter how many Moniker accounts the domain was in.-

So it is not like Go Daddy because there you have to wait sixty days after a push to another Go Daddy account and with Moniker you don't.-

I guess it's not fully correct. For example if you would win a name at NJ and the name is with NetSol. In couple of days the domain is moving to your acc. to NetSol. In a couple od days you could transfer it out (checked many times). The same stuff is with majority of registrars - exepct Godaddy and Enom (1,5 month auction lock).
I hope we are talking about the same :)
I always thought that 60 days rule works only with new regs (anywhere) and after whois changes at Godaddy.

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Nick

The best way to make absolutely sure that the domain can be transferred is for us to check the domain. We can do that very quickly if you give us a call at 800 688 6311. We're here M-F 7:00am-8:00pmEST and Sat/Sun 8:00am-6:00pmEST.
Or send me a private message and I will check it for you. Also my direct email addresses are below.

Best Regards,

Marti
[email protected]
[email protected]

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Nick

The best way to make absolutely sure that the domain can be transferred is for us to check the domain. We can do that very quickly if you give us a call at 800 688 6311. We're here M-F 7:00am-8:00pmEST and Sat/Sun 8:00am-6:00pmEST.
Or send me a private message and I will check it for you. Also my direct email addresses are below.

Best Regards,

Marti
[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks Marti!

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Marti,

While we are on the same subject. Can you explain when a name can transfer out and what are the limitations?

Thanks,
John
Hi Nick

Best Regards,

Marti
[email protected]
[email protected]

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess it's not fully correct. For example if you would win a name at NJ and the name is with NetSol. In couple of days the domain is moving to your acc. to NetSol. In a couple od days you could transfer it out (checked many times). The same stuff is with majority of registrars - exepct Godaddy and Enom (1,5 month auction lock).
I hope we are talking about the same :)
I always thought that 60 days rule works only with new regs (anywhere) and after whois changes at Godaddy.

Not sure what you mean by Enom having a 1.5 month auction lock.- That a restriction after you catch a drop on NJ which had Enom as the registrar and you can't move the domain out of Enom? If so you are talking about two different things, auction lock is one thing and Godaddy's sixty day lock after a push to another gd customer is another thing and quite different.- Only gd has that type of push lock.- Auction locks are different like Pool which would lock a name after an auction win for weeks and you could not transfer it to a different registrar as one example.- Have had that a couple of times.-

But when you talk about a domain being registered with ANY registrar or a domain being moved to a new registrar and you can't move the domain for sixty days then that is the same for ALL registrars.- Your original question was about pushing a name to someone else from within Moniker and being able to transfer it out of Moniker right away.- As I responed yes you CAN and Moniker has been my main registrar so if you understand this there is really no need to contact Moniker but I appreciate martij's invitation.- If Moniker prevents a transfer out and the domain has been with them sixty days then something must be wrong with Moniker.-

-And you can do the same thing with all registrars except godaddy.- As you said the sixty day rule applies with new regs.- But you forgot to mention transfers-in in which is the other case.-
You are correct about godaddy and their lock after any whois change including a push from within gd or if you change the owner's name without moving the domain at all.- Think I was fully correct after all when I've posted before?? :)

Last edited:

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by Enom having a 1.5 month auction lock.- That a restriction after you catch a drop on NJ which had Enom as the registrar and you can't move the domain out of Enom? If so you are talking about two different things, auction lock is one thing and Godaddy's sixty day lock after a push to another gd customer is another thing and quite different.- Only gd has that type of push lock.- Auction locks are different like Pool which would lock a name after an auction win for weeks and you could not transfer it to a different registrar as one example.- Have had that a couple of times.-

But when you talk about a domain being registered with ANY registrar or a domain being moved to a new registrar and you can't move the domain for sixty days then that is the same for all registrars.- Your original question was about pushing a name to someone else from within Moniker and being able to transfer it out of Moniker right away.- As I responed yes you CAN and Moniker has been my main registrar, so if you understand this there is actually no need to contact Moniker but I appreciate martij's invitation.- If Moniker prevents a transfer out and the domain has been with them sixty days then something must be wrong with Moniker.-

-And you can do the same thing with all registrars except godaddy.- As you said the sixty day rule applies with new regs.- But you forgot to mention transfers-in in which is the other case.-
You are correct about godaddy and their lock after any whois change including a push or if you change the owner's name without moving the domain at all.- So I think I was fully correct after all when I posted before?? :)

lol
Yes everything is clear now, sorry for misunderstanding :)

Martij

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Johnn,

It is very difficult to provide an answer when there are several nuances that could affect a particular domain. It is always best to check the domain in question to be sure if it is eligible for transfer.

We are always glad to check a specific domain.

Best Regards,

Marti
[email protected]
[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom