Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom Urgent Warning to eNom.com Customers: Domains being "lost"!

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Every so often I run a 'resync' of my entire domain catalog using eNom's API, which verifies there are no errors on my part (mistyped domain names, sold names still in catalog, renew dates recorded accurately, etc etc etc).

Yesterday, the alarms went off that FOUR domains were suddenly GONE.

All 4 domains were purchased in the last 2 weeks, on 2 different days (so this was not a 1 time event). All 4 domains were sucessfully processed by a global edit that I issued the day after the purchases, which confirms they WERE safely registered at eNom. I run another process that verifies every domain I purchase is resolving to my web host 24 hours after purhase... All 4 domains PASSED that test.

All 4 domains have been purchased at other registrars with create dates 2 days after I purchased them, so this was not a domain theft or account compromise issue -- this is a problem within eNom's software.

I filed a detailed support ticket yesterday on this, but still no response, so this apparently is not a very important issue to them.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT ANYONE WITH AN ACCOUNT AT ENOM IMMEDIATELY VERIFY THAT YOUR DOMAINS HAVE NOT BEEN DROPPED!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ruh roh!

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have a pretty established system or program to manage your domains. What do you use?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So the domains are not in your account; does the WHOIS show your info?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have a pretty established system or program to manage your domains. What do you use?

I wrote it all myself. It's impossible to manage 12,000+ domains with daily sales and aquisitions while maintaining my playboy lifestyle without numerous automated processes :)

So the domains are not in your account; does the WHOIS show your info?

Nope... all new owners. This appears to be a full on DROP without warming, 2 days after my purchase in each case... hence the urgent notice.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
OK next question, does WHOIS.sc display your info from recent days?

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice... I lost most of my domains when with registerfly. I should have written something similar. Managing 2000 is so painful already, I cannot imagine managing 12000. :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
PM me the names, I can look them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators