Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.US domain help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it worth it to pay 10 bucks to preregister one of these? webpage.us is still available, but the 10 dollar fee is non-refundable and doesn't guarantee you actually get the name. Anyone know the actual chances of getting the name?

Domain summit 2024

Jake,

It's a 'lottery' scheme. Pre-registrations get you no guarantee. At least they closed down the .USA / .SEX scam before the legit .US was brought into play :D

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
I'm just going to wait until the day open registrations become available, then maybe fish out one or two fairly good ones that didn't get registered ;)

If I had more money, then I probably would go out and buy some pre-registrations, knowing I wouldn't get all of them.

I had this in an email from INWW:

The sunrise period running from March 4 to April 9 is only relevant to names matching trademarks registered in the US, and as such will be quite limited in its penetration. The registry is not offering a solution to pre-register 'non-trademark' names prior to the April 24 Go-Live.

So waiting and regging on 24th April might not be too much of a handicap.

Use a pre-registration service that refunds your money if you don't get the domain and you won't lose your $10 on a speculative pre-registration.

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators