Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.US Reg. #s

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice link and good stuff, 'Heat! Thanks.
I noticed there are 1,278 "net' new .INFO's and 4,594 'net' new .COM's ... wonder IF 1,278 of the 4,594 'net' new .COM's are "------Info.com"'s?? Just a thought. Have a great day! :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost
I noticed there are 1,278 "net' new .INFO's and 4,594 'net' new .COM's ... wonder IF 1,278 of the 4,594 'net' new .COM's are "------Info.com"'s?? Just a thought.

LOL - OK that does it - I'm ready to form a lynch mob! :D

P.S. not because of the info.com reference but because no one is allowed to be as clever as me. :)

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"P.S. not because of the info.com reference but because no one is allowed to be as clever as me."

Indeed. 'Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery', afterall, Duke. Good Luck :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I checked that stat the other day, showed n/a for new reggs of .us

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in 3-letter .US domains? My latest stats showed more than 4,000 names are left.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately most of the names left have bad letters - q, x, y, z etc. There are still a few with less popular but not terrible letters (like j and k) but the good ones are all gone.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003
Anyone interested in 3-letter .US domains? My latest stats showed more than 4,000 names are left.

send me you list

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Unfortunately most of the names left have bad letters - q, x, y, z etc. There are still a few with less popular but not terrible letters (like j and k) but the good ones are all gone.

Not true.
My last run of the list produced 4500+ domains.
Lots of i,o,e,a,t,d,f,u, etc

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have that list in front of me and have been through it several times as I bought a lot of 3-letter .us. You will find some of those letters but somewhere in the string you will also have a weak letter devaluing the name considerably. There are no more ACS etc - at best it will be something like fcj. There are a handful of acceptable ones but as I noted the good ones are all gone.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Depends on one's perception of 'good' and 'bad' letters.

Just recently, I registered:

FLX
FVF
XTR
XXV
XII

OF COURSE you won't find strings like "AEO" but the situation is MUCH better than the junk of 3-letter .COMs that are being resold on ebay :D

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of 4 or 5 letter dictionary words still available on .us????

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNS Kidd
Does anyone have a list of 4 or 5 letter dictionary words still available on .us????

I doubt that any appreciable number of 4-5 letter root words of real value are still out, but for one I may be mistaken and there may still be (probably are) (very) few gems out there. Secondly, for the most part such words either are not discovered yet or the doscoverer is still pondering for some reason (I have a few in my eNom cart !!) or is otherwise not willing to register or share the name(s) with others; I can cite one personal example of the latter. A few weeks ago, I stumbled upon a 9-10 character singular-plural word combo that has over 130K OVT monthly searches for the word itself and over 70K with url (.com) attached to it. The word (actually combo of two short words) is not sexually explicit or obscene at all, and that's how I stumbled upon it, but whichever way I look at it its web use is overwhelmingly adult/sexual related. So I can neither register it nor share it with someone else (for personal reasons)...and its available in all three new tlds (.info/.biz/.us)..!! Please no PMs for this..

On the other hand, I do know that there're quite a few strong two-word combos out there that are very specific, generic, descriptive and targeted towards a sizeable industry, business, or entity. In many, if not most, situations, they may be better choices than short, even one-worder, terms with lesser/little re-sale target market. Following is a link for the site of a forum member (actually an attorney) that I've taken from another thread and in his list of .US names one can see quite clearly what I just noted above; i.e. examples of targeted two-word names with better re-sale potential thn some one-worders.

http://www.freewebs.com/domainterritorysite/

I apologize for digressing from discussion re. 3-letter (.US) names; for some reason, and probably to my detrriment, I've never really gotten into these!;

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did some checking after a message to Duke on this.

There are about 972 3 letter dicitionary words, every one of them are reg under .us. They are listed here:

rec.us/3

About 3800 4 letter words, 2320 are reg under .us

The remaining unreg 4 letter .us are here, 1100+ names

rec.us/4

I did not list 15 that I might reg. There was a significant unreg TM in that group, quite a surprise.

There might be some gems if the 5 letter available names were checked. There are about 8,600 of them.

I don't know how productive this is, maybe better to put together two word combinations that have more type-ins and better recognition. That's what I've done so far.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the list Dave - very interesting reading. If you can acquire a list of available 5-letter words I would love to see it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Thanks for the list Dave - very interesting reading. If you can acquire a list of available 5-letter words I would love to see it.

So would I!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators