• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

UTube.com makes extra money with the 70K+ extra hits per day, say f**k google! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
8,934
Reaction score
245
UTube.com Monetizes Mistaken YouTube Traffic
Philipp Lenssen takes a look at how UTube changed their approach on their suit against YouTube. Philipp notes that when you arrive at UTube.com you now see a search box with suggested search terms below the box. When you search or click on the suggested search terms you are taken to ads by SearchFeed. In addition, if you click on the UTube logo you are taken to a whats hot page with more of these searches. I wonder how well UTube is doing on this recent influx of 70,000+ unique people per day.

check it out... if you goto www.utube.com and click on a category it takes you to a youtube look alike with ads and pictures next to them, there are even rating stars just like youtube! Wonder how long before GOOGLE files a counter suit for infringment now...lol


Chris

ps - in case you did'nt know they are suing google, some serious sh*t imo...

http://www.utube.com/pdf/Complaint.pdf

also the "typo" traffic is closer to 100k per day! look:
http://www.utube.com/traffic.htm

Do you think that Google will lose or now sue them for monetizing the traffic?
 
I only *wish* I fell into these circumstances with a domain name! How much do you think they are making from 100k extra people a day? If they got 2% to click on anything I would think that would add up to BIG daily bucks..any estimates? I know from past experience that having the pictures next to ads like that in a somewhat misleading manner can yield up to 5% or better CTR's and in this case it looks JUST like youtube...wonder how long google will let that ride.

...I would have pop-unders and everything if I was sitting on 100k extra per day! I would also imagine if google could shell out 1.5 billion or whatever it was for youtube.com, they could buy this domain from this company, maybe even the company. $$$$$$$$$ talks..
 
I know from past experience that having the pictures next to ads like that in a somewhat misleading manner can yield up to 5% or better CTR's and in this case it looks JUST like youtube...wonder how long google will let that ride.

How long will the advertisers let it ride. Talk about your non-converting traffic. Someone is paying a lot of money for those misleading clicks.

Google must love it. They're probably making more money off utube than they are off youtube.
 
utube.com -- what an amazing name to own!
 
or mocus.com for that matter!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom