• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Value of LLLL.com in about 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrejc

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2006
Messages
384
Reaction score
0
I know that question is a little bit stupid, but can anyone tell now how much will LLLL.com domains be worth in 5 years? Same as LLL.com today or less?


Thank you
 
In 5 year's time? Heck, probably the LLLLL.com count-down (from 1,000,000, though) will have started :P

I'd guess that their value would be mid-high xxx for decent enough ones.
 
I'd be worried if that didn't happen GameFinest :P
 
@tristanperry - Tnx for your estimation..

@GAMEFINEST - You'd better not post anything instead of wasting your time and spamming topics..
 
i think at least 500$?
 
I know that question is a little bit stupid, but can anyone tell now how much will LLLL.com domains be worth in 5 years? Same as LLL.com today or less?


Thank you
they will be more for sure, but it all depends what it is.
something memorable like a good acronym or 4 repeating letters or abcd for example will be very expensive. particularly the last example
something like xzik will only ever be $xx imo
 
You should have in mind that at one point of time the growth of this industry will reach its peak and after that it should slowly go in the opposite direction. I don't know when this will happen and whether it will concern 4, 5 or 6 letter domains but it will happen some day.
 
I was thinking about average LLLL.com domains (not premium, not crappy).. Like those that are selling for low-mid $XX nowadays..
 
I was thinking about average LLLL.com domains (not premium, not crappy).. Like those that are selling for low-mid $XX nowadays..

Most low-mid $xx (at least the ones I've seen on this forum posted for sale) are crappy.
 
The majority of the LLLL.com's will be in the low to mid $xxx range. I can see companies purchasing more and more of them in the $x,xxx - $xx,xxx+ range for the right letter combination.
 
Chart credit vurg - remaining percentage of llll.com countdown
22% Remaining - 25th January 2006
19% Remaining - 31st March 2006
16% Remaining - 29th June 2006
13% Remaining - 1st August 2006
10% Remaining - 15th February 2007
9% Remaining - 26th February 2007
8% Remaining - 2nd March 2007
7% Remaining - 21st March 2007
 
http://www.dyyo.com/analysis_remaining.php

it says about 52K of these are left and about 8k per month getting registered, some 2-3K/month get dropped as well, so... using my supreme math skills i can predict they'll run out before the end of the year.. (By the end someone will probably buy all the remaining ones)

and from the beginning of the next year the price should raise to $30-50 maybe :)
In 5 years I think the price would be $150-200.
I don't see them go up faster, especially the crappy ones, but for the real good ones with possible useful meaning - they would be worth $500+

So to sum it up, I'll only be buying the ones that might have some possible use, as i usually do.


ok anyone willing to bet on the exact price 5 years from now ;)
 
I do not see LLLL .com domains increasing in value at the same rate of LLL .com. Also the scarcity factor is not the same.
The premium combos will always increase in value IMO and they are long gone. Combos like KQZV will remain mediocre unless of course the acronym has meaning for the right end user.
 
Wait till the domain infomercials hit with full force and everyone and their mother knows about domain investing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom