Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Verizon / Frontier = disaster and rude people

Status
Not open for further replies.

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have Verizon "dry loop" DSL, which is separate from my home phone. I've done this because I have a cell phone and didn't need a home phone, but I have a line for a fax and formerly dial-up internet.

Anyhow, I got a bill on Friday from Frontier... $135.97 DUE ON MONDAY (today). What? I've had my Verizon account set up to autopay for 4 years without a problem. My bill has been paid promptly, each month, for the past 48 months.

On March 1st, PNC/National City, send me a new debit card after PNC bought out National City. I immediately updated my payment settings, and Verizon billed me again promptly on the 18th.

Naturally, I'm wondering what the hell is going on, so I logged into Verizon and I get this nasty popup:

38296_524400526140_115901091_30979345_2494504_n.jpg

Undeterred, I followed the directions and after about half an hour, had managed to log into my Verizon account. Immediately, I went to the billing tab, and started to investigate further, investigating my payment history. See below:

38181_524402102980_115901091_30979401_628555_n.jpg

OK, billing after the debit card switch went through without a hitch. I couldn't pull up any more payment history, which is interesting considering that Verizon's old panel would show outstanding bills and let you pay them directly.

So, low and behold, Verizon doesn't have a local office. In fact, they don't even have an office in my state. Really? All I found was a hastily boarded up shop:

34593_524400960270_115901091_30979350_3322395_n.jpg

So I call the the billing number on my bill from Frontier, that should have been easy enough. Automated. No option to dispute charges whatsoever, just pay and be gone with you.

Searching around, I found another number, under the heading "If you have questions regarding this matter." Fair enough, I called it thinking I could get this resolved and move on. Nope. Not at chance. The lady asked me for my zip code and phone number. I gave her both, and she got irritated saying that my zip was wrong.

No, actually it's not, and I have the billing statement to prove it. The first issue that needed to be addressed was the fact that my last name is BIARS, but was printed on the bill as BIERS. This had never happened before, so I thought something was amiss. Then, she asked for my account number. I gave it to her. When I started reading it off, she said "account numbers start with 237 and not 006." Not in my case, I'm from Verizon, I said. Then, without anything further, she pointed out in the rudest possible tone that I now owe $135 by the end of today to which I said "that's what I'm calling about."

After showing her ass for another 10 minutes, she told me that if I had a problem, to call a totally different number. I asked why Frontier couldn't settle this with the number provided for billing and disputed charges. She hung up.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Domain Summit 2024

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had heard that Verizon was trying to sell off all their landline but I never imagined they'd sell off their data, also. That's where the money is today.

I wonder if they're doing this with FIOS also?

Sadly, when these new companies form or take over they either can't handle the incoming customers or, in the event of being split off, just really don't care.

As for your shop, that doesn't look like a company owned Verizon store - looks more like a 3rd party Verizon (wireless) authorized dealer, i don't think they would have been able to help you.

Edit: Many AT&T landline / wire based data may go though similar company changes.

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Wow. Customer care failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators