Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed *Very Established* Image Hosting Network - 3 Sites - oniva.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

macker123

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking to sell a network of 3 image hosting sites that we have had for a long time. We are simply selling as we need this money for another project. We are actively involved in a lot of different projects online and it is simply not worth our time to pursue these sites any further.

Please note: we are only willing to sell them all together. #1 - it isn't worth the time to sell seperatly and #2 - you cannot transfer the monthly subscriptions to a new PayPal account so we will need to give this existing account to the new buyer with all 3 sites subscriptions in it.
Basically we will change all the registration data to yours etc. We have done this in the past with other subscription sites we have sold and it works flawlessly.

There are 3 sites. You can try the demo accounts that are on the site to see the inside workings.
http://www.oniva.com - used to be known as http://www.myphotospace.com
http://www.myphotodrive.com
http://www.afreeimagehost.com

***History***
We started with myphotodrive.com in Sept 2002 based off of a script forsale on eBay as our very 1st site. It quickly grew until we realized that it is hard to find a good cold fusion programmer so we cannot do all the mods we want to the site. We then started myPhotoSpace.com based off of PHP in January 2003. We bought out a very small site
and used their code to get it up and running before we basically rewrote all the code and added all the features you see today. We changed the name and redesigned the site in Febuary of 2005. afreeimagehost.com was started in Aug 2004 based off of a slightly modified version of the Oniva.com script. It is basically a free image
hosting service that encourages people to upgrade to a $5 month plan.

***PageRank***
Oniva.com - PR3, it used to be a PR6 but dropped when we 301 redirected myphotospace.com to oniva.com. I think there is something wrong on Googles end as it is pretty hard to drop from PR6 to a PR3 with natural links
myPhotoDrive.com - PR5
afreeimagehost.com - PR4

***Revenue***
As you can see below revenue is very consist over the entire year. This is a long-term money maker that has been around for 3 years. This isn't going to dry up.

Image Hosting Revenue
Jan 2005 - 2597.56
Feb 2005- 2632.42
Mar 2005 - 2777.72
April 2005 - 2685.29
May 2005 - 2625.49
June 2005 - 2585.26
July 2005 - 2622.93
August 2005 - 2520.98
September 2005 - 2450.18
Oct 2005 - 2456.61
Nov 2005 - 2346.71
Dec 2005 - 2342.81

Breakdown dec as an example.
Oniva.com - $1927.31
myPhotoDrive.com - $287.13
afreeimagehost.com - $128.37

The slight drop in revenue is mostly due to us losing our search engine rankings in Google due to the 301 redirect we did when we changed names. The rankings have never returned.

These figures are after PayPal has taken their fee.

afreeimagehost.com also makes money off of ads on the site. Adsense on the homepage and a focalex sign up form after they setup an account. We used to track the adsense until we ran out of custom chanels and had to cancel the custom chanel. It earned $25 - $100 per month off of Adsense.

As you can see Oniva.com is the dominant website although afreeimagehost.com has alot of potential. It doesn't really earn that much revenue, but it has a whopping 12,790 free members. I think the buyer can increase this by really focusing on the new myspace, friendster type markets instead
of just ebay image hosting like we did. It is is simply not worth our time to test etc.

***Server***
myphotodrive.com is on a shared hosting account for $32.66 per month

Oniva.com and afreeimagehost.com are on a dedicated server costing $400 per month
The server is entirely managed and takes 0 work on your part. It is a Pentium 4 3.06GHZ, 1 gig ram, 2 x 120 gb hd's(1 backs up the other) and 1500 gb bandwidth per month.

Current bandwidth usage.
Bandwidth usage Oniva
oct 486gb
nov 430gb
dec 565gb

Bandwidth usage afreeimagehost
oct 249gb
nov 226gb
dec 229gb

As you can see the server still has lots of room to grow. You could even move many of your sites onto it without any problems. I have lots of my sites on it right now and it functions fine, once the network sells, I will move my sites onto a different server.

***Expenses***
myphotodrive.com - $32.66 hosting per month
Dedicated server for other 2 sites - $400 per month
Oniva.com affiliate program - $100 - $150 per month, The payout differs a bit depending on how many people they referred that month or how many cancelled. So say $125 to make it easy.
-----------
Total monthly expenses $557.66

That's it!

New subscribers that sign up either find us in the search engines or mostly by referal. There is alot of potential to do some PPC or banner advertising, but we don't have the time. Over a year ago we did some PPC and it did quite well. Typically we could get a new subscriber for 1-2 months of revenue,
which is quite good as a subscriber, on average, stays with us just under a year.

***Profit***
We can get the profit by simply minusing the expenses from the revenue.
Jan 2005 - $2039.90
Feb 2005- $2074.76
Mar 2005 - $2220.06
April 2005 - $2127.63
May 2005 - $2067.83
June 2005 - $2027.60
July 2005 - $2065.27
August 2005 - $1963.32
September 2005 - $1892.52
Oct 2005 - $1898.95
Nov 2005 - $1789.05
Dec 2005 - $1785.15

An average of $1996 per month

*** Random Thoughts ***
We are selling as we have numerous projects on the go that earn considerably more than this per month. It is simply not worth our time and this money would be useful for those projects. Customer service is sporadic for the site, sometimes you will get a couple of emails per day and other times it will go a
week with no emails. Typically a customer wants to know how to change their paypal email or cancel.

I think there is a lot of potential for both Oniva.com and afreeimagehost.com. Oniva.com can be turned into a community type site with a message forum, how to articles and it would be very beneficial to tie into eBay's API and create some good custom templates for the customers.
afreeimagehost.com has a lot of potential as it has 12,790 free members and it was really done to focus on ebay image hosting, not the new very popular myspace, friendster etc which would do very well. You would also earn more money if you figured a better way to monetize the site other than just Adsense.

*** Asking Price ***
$45,000 , We are not interested in any payment plans or what not. This is a lump sum upfront payment.

No Lowballs offers. This is a quality network of sites and I know how much it is worth. If you have any questions feel free to reply to this posting, PM me or send me an email at [email protected]. You can also contact me on MSN at the same email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom