• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

VERY IMPORTANT Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
2
Question: Regarding Godaddy. If payment is accepted, and a confirmation notice is sent via email, does that ALWAYS mean the domain name is successfully registered?

Question in detail: I did a daily scan of a few thousand domain names... One of which really stuck out. It was a .us extention that was available.

I went about registering it fast because I knew that if it really was available, it would go fast. The domain name appears to have been caught successfully, payment was withdrawn from my paypal, and a confirmation notice was sent to my email address. I know it takes some time for the domain name to show up in your account sometimes... With that being said, under those circumstances, is the domain name registered successfully?

Any help would be appreciated.
Kind Regards,
Andrew Shaw
 
I had a similar situation , I bought a domain and even bought it again :)
If there is no problem it should be in your account in 1-2 minutes max.Zoobar is right check the whois (not godaddy's whois).In my situation domain did not dropped , godaddys whois has some delays.

I found the message I got for you.

"The following domain name has failed to be registered:

Error: : already exists in Org database

We will evaluate this error and retry the registration
if appropriate.

If we are unable to successfully register the domain
name, your account will be credited accordingly. Please
allow one business day for the refund to be processed."
 
check that it's in your account and you're in whois. if not there could be an error - so it goes.
 
Question: Regarding Godaddy. If payment is accepted, and a confirmation notice is sent via email, does that ALWAYS mean the domain name is successfully registered?

No it doesn't. Twice in the past year I've regged a name at Godaddy only to find it still available, then I reg them again and notify support, who in turn process a refund for the extra order. So you do have to double check.

Same thing actually happens at Domainsite with IDNs, at first some IDNs look like they are available, and you go through the whole order process.

Only after the order is processed do they send you back emails with any failed registrations, but in their case, I recall your card is only billed for the number of successful ones.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom