• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale W4W.in ... M4W.in ... W4M.in ... Future Indian dating sites? Personals ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImageAuthors

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
1,257
Reaction score
147
We've all seen these categories on Craigslist for dating/personal ads:

M4W.in
W4M.in
W4W.in


India is one of the fastest growing world economies with a massive population, and its culture is changing rapidly too.
English is, of course, widely spoken in India. Many newspapers there are printed in English.
And countless Indians have become familiar with the Craigslist lingo while attending college in the USA, Canada, or the UK.

These are instantly memorable brands for Indian websites--anything from singles dating, adult content, to support groups and women's education (W4W.in).

Trademarks should not be a concern because other sites like Backpage.com also use these categories.

GIGANTIC Price Drop !!!!!!!!!!!!!

$120 apiece (Was $1200 apiece)
OR
$240 for all 3 (Was $2400 for all 3)



 
Last edited:
Statistics from wikipedia article:

English speakers in the USA: 267,444,149
English speakers in India:
125,000,000

That's right. India is the #2 nation in the world for total number of English speakers--ahead of the UK, Canada, and Australia!
Partly, that's because India has
1.1 billion people. The USA only has 280 million.

One more reason to consider these domains ...
 
I may regret this. But I've just dropped the prices on these 3 domains from $1200 to $120. Total price for all 3: $240. That's $80 each!

Have I lost faith in .in? NOT AT ALL. I honestly believe that an end user will come along in the next decade and scoop these up for $XXXX. So why am I doing this? It's irrational, I know; but I'm new to DNForum, and I'm impatient and really really really want to get that first DNForum sale under my belt.

PM me before I reconsider.

I wonder which one of you domainers out there is paying attention ... ?
 
Yeah, it's a recession. Maybe you've been eyeballing these domains but can't spare $240 this afternoon on a long-term investment ...

Well, send me a PM with a domain or domains you're willing to trade. You've got nothing to lose!


On January 28th, these domains will no longer be available at the price above. And I will literally tell people "No" if they offer me the same price. My whole reason for doing this is to get SOME KIND of business on DNForum. But the promotion experiment ends 1/28/12.
 
3 days left on this. Then the price goes back up. (And I'm stubborn.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom