Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

other Want Recommendation For Registering New Domains

This is a discussion about another domain name register/company not listed.

Charles Harmon

Travel Quiz Weekly | UiiR - Nostalgia Comics
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will be buying some new domains (.com) in the near future. Can anyone recommend a good registrar with a backend suitable for say 100 or more domains?

I currently use Fabulous.com and have used them for about 10 years. I am very happy with them except the price for renewal and new domains seems high and I was wondering if other worthwhile registrars are lower.

I am paying $9.09 currently for new/renewal .com names so cost/renewal needs to be lower than that.

I do not like Godaddy, have had troubles with them over the years and eventually removed all my domains from them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Charles

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for cheap renewals and transfer-ins, I would go with Dynadot or NameBright. Both have great backends and are the two cheapest in terms of registration, renewals, and transfers.

Charles Harmon

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks icedude.

I do have a Dynadot account and just checked. Cost is $0.90 more than what I currently pay.

I checked Namebright and cost is $0.56 less than what I currently pay.

I will consider them.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With Dynadot, add $500 to your account to get bulk pricing and .com will be $8.75 and .net will be $8.50.

With NameBright, fund your account and .com will be $8.03 and .net $7.11, can't beat that.

Charles Harmon

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks again.

Sounds even better.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use both Dynadot and Fabulous.
$9.09 is not bad. You could save $0.50 per domain but I don't see the point. Margins on domains sales are supposed to be high enough.

Charles Harmon

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
True Katherine,

But I am just getting into domain sales (actually trying to sell them as opposed to having them parked or sites on them just because I like building sites) and I thought there might be some really low cost domains that would save me some money right away until I figure out how to price/sell domains for decent profit.

For 50 cent to a dollar savings per domain I might not change anything since that won't make a lot of difference. Your point is well taken, however.

Thanks.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
best to stay @ fab

imo...

Charles Harmon

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah Biggie.

I was thinking about it after the responses.
I originally thought maybe I could save a few dollars per domain with another registrar, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I had no intention of moving any of my existing domains from Fabulous anyway. I've made a couple of thousand dollars in sales by having some of my domains listed with Fabulous the past year or so with no advertising. But that may have been by luck. Don't know.

I just wondered if any new domains I might purchase could be bought at a much lower price.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah Biggie.

I was thinking about it after the responses.
I originally thought maybe I could save a few dollars per domain with another registrar, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I had no intention of moving any of my existing domains from Fabulous anyway. I've made a couple of thousand dollars in sales by having some of my domains listed with Fabulous the past year or so with no advertising. But that may have been by luck. Don't know.

I just wondered if any new domains I might purchase could be bought at a much lower price.

moving domains to another registrar after 10 years with no problems, just to save a few dollars, is not worth the hassle.

especially, if you've made sales that offset those costs.

imo...

Charles Harmon

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Biggie,

I agree with you. I would not move any existing domains from Fabulous. I've no problem with them at all. Just was wondering if there were any significantly lower prices for new domains.

As I mentioned in my last response I was considering another registrar for new domains only, if the price was significantly lower than what I pay now.

I'll try to concentrate on how to price domains and find new worthwhile domains for now. Plus I will promote some of the domains I have now once I figure out a price point.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Verisign charges $7.85 for each .com.
As you can see, the registrars are not making big margins.

Charles Harmon

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see Katherine. Right, not a big difference.

I have one more question, but I will start a new thread for it.

Thanks everyone for the input.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should stick with fabulous. No need to try a second registrar for the domains you already have with them. 9.09 for renewal is not bad at all for fabulous. People with less domains than you pay more but security is second to none and support is great. Agree with katherine and biggie. As to icedude's suggestion I don't know enough about Namebright to comment.

Fabulous customers would only need another registrar for extensions fabulous does not support and there's quite a few. Avoid Moniker for their many issues lately and Enom is too expensive for non-resellers. Dynadot is OK and some folks I know like Dotster, gd, etc but you don't like gd.
Good luck.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should stick with fabulous. No need to try a second registrar for the domains you already have with them. 9.09 for renewal is not bad at all for fabulous. People with less domains than you pay more but security is second to none and support is great. Agree with katherine and biggie. As to icedude's suggestion I don't know enough about Namebright to comment.

Fabulous customers would only need another registrar for extensions fabulous does not support and there's quite a few. Avoid Moniker for their many issues lately and Enom is too expensive for non-resellers. Dynadot is OK and some folks I know like Dotster, gd, etc but you don't like gd.
Good luck.

Hi Domainoid - Contact me about eNom

Domain Cost Club

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Charles,
You can become a member of Domain Cost Club and get domains at cost price. That is $7.85 for a dot com, if you are registering hundreds of domains it makes sense to get a 99$ annual membership or a life time charter membership to get huge discounts on domains. You can also earn a solid income from this, I just posted here about this,
This Video Explains More
Regards.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators