Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed WAP Names

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(which is what I do for enjoyment when making bucket loads of money gets tedious)

Hey Drew-- if it's not top secret, how do you make all that money? Phone calls from creditors are starting to get old around here :confused:

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Hey Drew-- if it's not top secret, how do you make all that money? Phone calls from creditors are starting to get old around here

Well, it's certainly not from buying names at $15 and selling them at $30 on eBay.

Try T-R-A-F-F-I-C.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try T-R-A-F-F-I-C

Sounds good, and you still have the names. I get only a trickle of type-ins now from my names, but I'm getting better at finding names that generate them. I don't think I'm ready to join the fight for expired names with tons of old link traffic. Some of those I do have I redirect to my foreign bride site-- trouble is it takes about 3000 uniques per conversion, and I only pull maybe a handful of type-ins a day. :sleepw:

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>Sounds good, and you still have the names.

Exactly. Once you've sold a name the opportunity to profit from it is gone forever. (Unless you sold it to a dotcom buiness suit that blew 5 million VC and you get to buy the name back later at a discount).

>I get only a trickle of type-ins now >from my names, but I'm getting better at
>finding names that generate them.

That's the secret.

>I
>don't think I'm ready to join the fight for expired names with tons of old link
>traffic. Some of those I do have I redirect to my foreign bride site-- trouble is it
>takes about 3000 uniques per conversion, and I only pull maybe a handful of
>type-ins a day.

So work at increasing the conversion ratio. If you can spend a day making changes to your website, and that doubles your conversion ratio, you've just doubled your yearly income with 24 hours of work.

I like those kind of figures.

Once you've sold a name the opportunity to profit from it is gone forever.

unless of course you can get more for the sale than you can from its ongoing traffic conversion - thats why vanity sales on low/zero traffic domains is a different ballgame entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators