Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom Warning about Enom DNS:

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A month or so ago, several domains of mine at Enom were not working. I waited several days and then opened a support ticket. Apparently the DNS was broken somehow, and Enom had to to go fix it. They did. But it bothered me; one just assumes, once you set the dns, that it will work as it is supposed to.

Now, it has happened again. This only happens to me at Enom. I have been a fan of Enom, and have praised them in the past - ironically, i always thought they had the fastest dns update and i liked that. Godaddy takes hours and hours to work and enom is right away. But if the dns is not working, there is nothing i can do to fix it. you have to be checking to know it does not work, and you have to open a ticket. What if their dns stops working, after you had checked it - you would never know.

I am not happy with Enom right now. Not at all. If there is one thing we need rock-solid confidence in, it is dns.

Kevin

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll never forget when godaddy changed name servers for one of my domains where I was getting steady revenue and one day I type in the address only to get ambushed by tons of ads and a big godaddy logo. They hijacked the traffic and made some money once again.

I login to my account and I'm shocked to see all of my name servers changed back to godaddy's. I ask the support, they mention domain forwarding or something like that being enabled, and I said I never used anything like it, I'm not crazy and I don't want to see that BS happening again. I'm not a big customer, but I'll run out if I see that again.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godaddy now changes the dns automatically if you setup forwarding. they used to have a more cumbersome system so that part is good.
but if your domain gets close to expiration they put it to a godaddy ppc lander - i can see that, if you are late paying - but once you pay,
the forwarding does not get put back; it stays on godaddy parking. that is really bad.

but at least godaddy dns is working. right now for me, some Enom dns is not even working and that is completely inexcusable.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators