• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale WARNING: New .com/.net registry expiry date WRONG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 22, 2002
Messages
4,567
Reaction score
14
Some of our fellow members have pointed out that the new Verisign registry output of .com/.net now include the expiry date. However, NOT all of them are correct! At least 2 of the names that I have with NetSol show different expiry dates than those on NetSol's own whois (and the latter is correct).
 
Puh...that's good news.
Has one more year been added to the expiration date?
 
I guess they simply made up some weird dates. For one which they put 08 February 2003 actually expires on 21 October 2003; for another which expires on 09 April 2003, the registry shows 24 January 2004! And for a third one, both are correct.
 
I called NetSol and they said they were aware of that because of other complaints (so it's global thing and not just my domains) and that the registry records are still in the process of updating.
 
hmmmm pretty wierd :)..
 
Ah, thats good to know. I noticed this problem with a domain im watching. I was wondering why snapnames hasn't notified me yet. I guess I still have a chance at it. :D

RMF
 
Can someone post 5-10 domains with expire dates that don't match or that are false?
 
I'm really fed up with Network Solutions and will be transferring them all out ASAP. :mad:
 
Expiration Date: on 01-jan-2003 for example, the registry instantly extended the domain until 01-jan-2009 if the regstrar did not receive payment from the registrant - they may delete the domain.
If the Creation Date shows 2009 as well - then the domain was renewed.

http://www.whois-search.com/grace.php
 
I may be really out of it... So, the registrar by default chose to auto-renew this domain out to 12/03. Is this to protect it from being registered elsewhere? And, has anybody thought the registrars will cherry pick? Will they auto-renew ghisd.com (or whatever) just as quickly as something as hot as approvals.com??





Whois Information of domain name approvals.com
Registrar NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
WhoisServer whois.networksolutions.com
ReferralURL http://www.networksolutions.com
Status REGISTRAR-HOLD
Updated Date 2003-01-08
Creation Date 1997-01-01
Expiration Date 2003-12-31
NameServers NS2.PERMA.NET
NS1.VIRTSERV.COM

Registrant:
APTUS Computer Technology (APPROVALS-DOM)
P.O. Box 33106
null
US

Domain Name: APPROVALS.COM

Administrative Contact:
Campbell, Craige (CC435) [email protected]
Blueberry Hill Communications, Inc.
77-670 Springfield Lane, Suite 11B
Palm Desert, CA 92211
US
(760) 360-4600 (760) 772-3654
Technical Contact:
Blueberry Hill Communications, Inc. (HC391-ORG) [email protected]
Blueberry Hill Communications, Inc.
77-670 Springfield Lane, Suite 11B
Palm Desert, CA 92211
US
(760) 360-4600
Fax- (760) 772-3654

Record expires on 02-Jan-2003.
Record created on 01-Jan-1997.


Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.VIRTSERV.COM 192.41.1.23
NS2.PERMA.NET 161.58.9.23
 
Called NetSol again this morning. It's been a week and nothing has been fixed. And you know what: the support at level 1 actually asks me for my account password (which I of course refuse to give away over the phone)! Just wonder when this company will fold ...
 
Apparently it doesn't only apply to Netsol. I have just seen BulkRegister and OpenSRS domains with the same problem! :rolleyes:

:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom