• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Warning !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 3, 2005
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
6
Warning to all who talk about their domains on here,i have been wacked with to domain dispute resolution cases and they quote all the discussions about my domains on here.

They pulled all the comments about my domains and presented them as part of the evidence !

It has come to my conclusion that you should only discuss domains that yuo do not value as you could end up in the same scenario a me and end up losing them !
 
thanks for the heads up.
 
I assume this discussion was not in the exclusive section. However we wouldn't know if the perpetrator was exclusive or not.
 
DNGeeks said:
I assume this discussion was not in the exclusive section. However we wouldn't know if the perpetrator was exclusive or not.
EXACTLY.
 
No the comments were posted on the platinum lounge ! be real careful there are snides on here !

These were both generic terms as well which you cannot trade mark over here in the u.k as they are to generic,how do i know ? i tried to tm them myself !
 
On any industry related forum there would be snoopers. This is to be expected. However any decent lawyer would get someone to do an extensive search for information in regards to a case. Of course google indexes dnforum so a search for the name in question could have returned the pages here.

Which brings up my earlier question about being posted in exclusive. The exclusive forum is not indexed by any search engines. Again as I said earlier that still doesn't mean that the user in question isn't a member and isn't exclusive.
 
wow .. suck! hope it still ends up in your favor!
 
Good to know, Thanks!
Hope your manage to solve your dispute!
Cheers,
Jens
 
Guys,

We have been warning about this (off and on) for years.

Be careful what you post.
 
Was it a large or small comp brit?
 
So are you saying what you posted on here is the direct reason a dispute was filed ? OR the dispute was coming any ways and they are using what they find on here as part of their evidence? I am sure there are many unfair decisions ( ive read some ) but generally avoiding posting info here on a TM name etc. is unlikely to save you a dispute in the future.

Also you state you lost them or are going to. So if it is finished, what were the domains ? There is more to this story I'm sure.
 
The exclsuive section is not spiderable.

I had a worse situation if thats possible.

I postes a TM name for sale and som ahole here went and signed up at Mattel's helpdesk and made a ticket and told them I had the domain and I was selling it.

Some people are real jerks.

From my experience, they would find the domain eventually and if it is a TM the posts only scare you but they need no other proof besides the TM.

-=DCG=-
 
How do you contact a forum moderator to have a post moved or removed?
 
DotComGod said:
The exclsuive section is not spiderable.

I had a worse situation if thats possible.

I postes a TM name for sale and som ahole here went and signed up at Mattel's helpdesk and made a ticket and told them I had the domain and I was selling it.

Some people are real jerks.

From my experience, they would find the domain eventually and if it is a TM the posts only scare you but they need no other proof besides the TM.

-=DCG=-


Yep.. alot of people snitch in hopes of getting something for it
 
They also do it to "get back" at someone.
 
Is the "Legal" section spiderable?
 
Apparently this site is quite well optimized for search engines as well. The first thread I ever started was an appraisal request for a trademarked product name. When I did a Google search on the product, my forum thread came up number 1 on the google search. I'm not kidding and it was for a very prominent and heavily advertised consumer product!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom