Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news Was there a Hack/Data Breach at Epik?

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Hackers on estradiol"!? Lol, seriously? ;)
This part was laughable, but the part that made me know it was fake when they put, "GOOD LUCK WE'RE BEHIND SEVEN PROXIES".

I don't think a single person, let alone a group, that was actually capable of doing something would taunt anyone in this manner. It seems very childish for the persona that they are trying to put off. News, of course, jumped to publish without verifying anything (they probably sent an email and waited 5 minutes before publishing). There's nothing new with them doing that, but this news let them double down on their position with Epik as very little is said about the "verifiable" attack in comparison to what they wrote about the Company. Why didn't they publish "up to 500,000 people could be at risk"? Instead, they ran with the narrative that right-wing conservative views equal bad so Company very very bad. It reeks of a hit piece to me.

Domain summit 2024

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There's nothing new with them doing that
There indeed isn't. The ones publishing are probably just "friends" (or at least have the same agenda). And yes, they'll just use as supposed "proof" what the previous guy said. Actual ARGUMENTS or VERIFICATION isn't something they know (or want to know), they just repeat and "rely" on what the previous one said. This is how you can build something out of nothing, because the whole goal is only to denigrate someone.

But hey, Rob and Epik "deserved" it: They support free speech. That's very bad, from the POV of some (the same who use their free speech for evil. Probably the reason they think it's bad in the first place).

Note: I'm trying to see to download the files to see if the hack is true or not. On the website, they give a torrent file to download. This torrent file is 35 Mb+ !!? May seem to be a bogus torrent file you won't be able to do anything with (what seem to be my situation right now). I will try to analyze the file, but my torrent client is going crazy over it since half an hour now. Did anyone try (and succeed) to actually download anything from BitTorrent?

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Please retweet
I'm sorry, but I won't retweet something saying "hacks won't be tolerated" when we don't even know if there was a hack or not. Someone saying there was one doesn't mean any of it is true. And the actual problem may only be someone CLAIMING there was one (that's denigrating and trying to tarnish the reputation of a company, not actual hacking).

Epik should also say something quickly to confirm or firmly deny the hack (maybe they are still checking on their end).

If data is supposedly available, I want to find my own name and infos in it, as I'm an Epik customer.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Well we can understand from this act, they want to damage Epik reputation to scare people, most of times it is done so a company lose business.
I agree with @amplify it can be a fake hack.
As per NP forum that website seems to be ruled by same pro abortions people, those who are against humanity, call them how you want Illuminaty, Reptiloids, Masons etc.
Still had some activity there but most I like to throw there negativity at some Agents of those Illuminaty who act as simple humans there.

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For reference, the edited tweet was also deleted on namepros and my account was restricted there for posting it after I removed any mention of DNForum.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would change Epik/FederatedIdentity passwords.
I managed to open the torrent file (but not to actually download any of the files yet. I'm working on it). Even if there is some real info (I don't know at this time), passwords don't seem to be part of it. And they don't even seem to claim to have them. But sure, better safe than sorry. Best would probably to enable 2FA if you hadn't it until now.

NP forum that website seems to be ruled by same pro abortions people, those who are against humanity

For reference, the edited tweet was also deleted on namepros and my account was restricted there for posting it after I removed any mention of DNForum.
Of course it is. NP also seem to dislike Epik and Rob. So, posting about it was probable to get you this result :/

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I managed to open the torrent file (but not to actually download any of the files yet. I'm working on it). Even if there is some real info (I don't know at this time), passwords don't seem to be part of it. And they don't even seem to claim to have them. But sure, better safe than sorry. Best would probably to enable 2FA if you hadn't it until now.

Of course it is. NP also seem to dislike Epik and Rob. So, posting about it was probable to get you this result :/

I was not aware they disliked Rob, because he used to post there a lot.

I truly wish namepros would just end the rivalry and allow cross linking on forums. I don't understand the hostility and it impedes conversation. On my forum we encourage cross linking and I can see it stimulates conversation, it never stifles it. Blogs cross link with namepros all the time and a forum is very similar to a blog because it is a topic with responses. Ultimately the linking increases traffic back to the forum.

Some of the mods on DNForum did delete some of my crosslinks but when I expressed frustration at that @amplify was quick to help. I know Rob has stated to me personally that he does not support the deletion of cross links.

I am also trying not to abuse that privilege and being careful to post only relevant cross links.

Anyways back on topic here, I hope members realize the scope of this overshadows Epik itself. It cannot be justified putting so many people at risk just to harm the reputation of a company. Use free speech and post on the platforms available to us. There are much more productive ways to express dissatisfaction with a company than harming it's user base.

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It cannot be justified putting so many people at risk just to harm the reputation of a company.
You still seem to assume any hack actually took place. I didn't manage to put my hands on any real data. So, to me at this point, it seems they are just claiming some BS. Nobody is actually "at risk" (except Epik's reputation of course, because that's the whole plan)

Now, I'm not 100% sure, and I invite everybody willing to to try to download the alleged available files (which don't seem to be "available" at all)

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You still seem to assume any hack actually took place. I didn't manage to put my hands on any real data. So, to me at this point, it seems they are just claiming some BS. Nobody is actually "at risk" (except Epik's reputation of course, because that's the whole plan)

Now, I'm not 100% sure, and I invite everybody willing to to try to download the alleged available files (which don't seem to be "available" at all)

I have seen numerous sources saying they have started looking at the data and it does show private information but the passwords are encrypted. So basically Name, Address, Phone Number were released as well as what domains you own. The hackers also said they did not release credit card info so hopefully all of this is minimal damage.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is the info current or does go back? @MapleDots

Seems to be real from what I'm reading. The question is how much info they have.

At my company we have several databases. Nobody has access to everything for security and it's not needed.

I don't have access to engineering files for instance. Not my department. Even if you had my credentials you couldn't access those files. They have different policies and procedures.

Would be nice if @robmonster @RobertDavis @akirlew could provide insight.

I know it must be stressful, wish the Epik team all the best. 🙏🏽

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
hack.jpg

Unfortunately it does appear this group is responsible and it is not the work of one lone individual.

Personally I don't understand it because if anything they should be supporting Epik and hacking those opposed to free speech. I would certainly like to know the logic behind this event.

Why the heck is twitter not banning this account?

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Email from Epik.

At Epik, we take security and the privacy of your information very seriously. Therefore as a precautionary measure, I am writing to inform you of an alleged security incident involving Epik.

Our internal team, working with external experts, have been working diligently to address the situation. We are taking proactive steps to resolve the issue. We will update you on our progress. In the meantime please let us know if you detect any unusual account activity. I am proud of our team’s efforts as we do our part to empower a thriving internet for the benefit of our customers around the world.

You are in our prayers today. We are grateful for your support and prayer. When situations arise where individuals might not have honorable intentions, I pray for them. I believe that what the enemy intends for evil, God invariably transforms into good.

Blessings to you all.

Regards,

Rob Monster
Founder and CEO
Epik Holdings Inc mt

DomainsGENERAL.com

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have been wrong. There was a problem on my side with the Torrent client I was using (not something I'm used to do), and the hack seems real. Unfortunately. I agree with you @MapleDots that it would be more logical to not attack people defending freedom of speech.

I've also received Epik's email.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
View attachment 5351

Unfortunately it does appear this group is responsible and it is not the work of one lone individual.

Personally I don't understand it because if anything they should be supporting Epik and hacking those opposed to free speech. I would certainly like to know the logic behind this event.

Why the heck is twitter not banning this account?
They are probably gov supported hackers like ISIS and other crap invented by them.
Why (?) you may ask, because of the hidden satanic agenda, biologic material is needed to be harvested from aborted fetuses, that is why they are pro abortions and all of those who support it, there is big demand for that material and it cost big money. There are allot of artificial causes that bring females to such decisions which I will not discuss further, don't want to turn DN discussions into something else.
Mr.Rob wanted to help and host that anty abortion website and was hit as a responce.
P.s. I will always be anty LGBTQ+, equal rights, abortions, vaccines etc, this is because I know what are hidding governments and this are just tools to implement their Satanic agenda.
I m with you Mr.Rob no matter what they are doing, it will hit them back like a bumerang!

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My best advice to anyone is to not freak out over this hack.

I've learned as I've gotten older that it's best to remain calm in situations you can't control.

Focus on what you can control and change. 🙏🏽

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom