Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

moniker Watch Out Before You Transfer Away From Moniker ...

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... download your transaction history and invoices first!

Today I logged in to my Moniker account to see what domains I have left there and to transfer a bunch of them out, because I think Moniker have lost all credibility as a secure company. I also did a few routine things: inspect the ip log and take a look at the transaction history. To my surprise the oldest transactions and invoices I found where from September 2014, while my Moniker account dates from 2005.

When looking closer, I only seem to have transaction history and invoices for domains currently in my Moniker account. It seems that transaction history and invoices are deleted when a domain leaves Moniker. I hope that no domains were illegally transferred out, because the traces will be wiped out.

Well Moniker: that is very very wrong!

I don't have a lot of domains left @moniker, but considering the history of failures and the habit they have to ignore serious security issues (they have been storing passwords in plain, readable text for ages, even while that was a very well known issue) they have I will transfer out or drop what is left and not come back.

Be warned!

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
all your history before website was changed around last june was wiped out. includes transactions, domain history, invoices, support tickets, etc.- all was lost and when i asked some rep said 'maybe there's a way we can bring that back in the future'.

my credit card info. was lost for my main cc and no matter what i do the system bills my secondary card. and that is if you don't have a cash balance. if you do they'll take your cash until it's all gone no matter how many times you tell them to bill your cc. i asked for my cash balance back so that my cc would then get charged and they refused. when i leave for good if there's a cash balance there i'll probably need to go to court to get it back. they still have not fixed the double billing they did in my account long ago. bunch of clowns.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Really? That is what happened? Who got fired for that?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com