Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Webhosts.info

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am looking to possibly sell the domain webhosts.info and wanted to know an approximate retail appraisal to price it at. I was originally going to make it into a directory of web hosts and web hosting companies.

Does anyone recommend using EBay or should I just post it for sale with GreatDomains?

Thanks,

Adam

Domain summit 2024

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is definitely an Ebay type of domain.
Good luck.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice Onyx.

Does anyone else have an idea on appraisal? I realize that .info sales are few and far between right now, but I believe the root of this name is exceptional (webhosts).

I look forward to the opinions of others on this forum. Anyone sell any .INFOs recently? Anyone know of .info comprables for pricing guidelines?

Adam

Originally posted by woeger
How does an asking/appraisal price of $100 sound for this domain? Does that seem right?

Adam

Mole, it is time for you to prove sumfin here (via real action).

hard to know itsvalue as I really haven't seen many .info's being resold yet.

As far as webhosts.info goes I would start it with a low minimum/reserve and see where it goes, since the forum seems to have many .info fans you should quite a few interested people I would have thought.

assuming they believe what they preach to try and bump the value of their current holdings...

Originally posted by safesys
assuming they believe what they preach to try and bump the value of their current holdings...

Still it is real cash, if they ever do. But how often and how much, that is the question. :confused:

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by woeger
Thanks for your advice Onyx.

Does anyone else have an idea on appraisal? I realize that .info sales are few and far between right now, but I believe the root of this name is exceptional (webhosts).

I look forward to the opinions of others on this forum. Anyone sell any .INFOs recently? Anyone know of .info comprables for pricing guidelines?

Adam

I sold a good-topic, two-word .info for $250. I also know of someone who sold a .info city name for over $2K. Really hard to tell with .info's in general and these two-word .infos especially. I would think this name would be in roughly the same class as names like "VoiceRecognition.info" and "EarlyRetirement.info"... in the $100-$300 range at this time. Value will appreciate if .info takes off, or become worthless if not. My recommendation would be to develop it somewhat rather than try to sell it right now... with my guess that .info will grow. My guess would be that new extensions like .info would be less likely to sell on eBay because the general public (atleastin US) does not know much about .info. Just my guesses here. Best wishes.

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think its worth more like $80. If one were to make a web site, I reccomend that thye use .com at this point. Also the plethora of pre-existing webhosting index sites make it most unprofitable to enter that market.

Cheers,
Anion

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great solid hosting portal name, woeger.

Worth at least $3,000+, don't let it go now though, wait another year and you could close at $5,000.

Originally posted by mole
Great solid hosting portal name, woeger.

Worth at least $3,000+, don't let it go now though, wait another year and you could close at $5,000.

:laugh: @ Mole.

woeger

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just for the record I have now sold WEBHOSTS.INFO (transfer is in progress). Since many people were speculating as to what a good .INFO domain would garnish pricewise I have decided to post the selling price.

Also, the buyer was from DNForum, but it was NOT Mole. I will keep the buyer's identity secret unless he/she chooses to reveal it.

I only received one offer from my posting on DNForum and I received none since I put it up for general sale on the web. Sorry Mole, your appraisal appears to be a bit high and no one even offered me close to that amount.

I sold the domain to the one and only bidder from DNForum at $100.00

I think they got a great price on this domain. Well, so much for my dabbling in .INFO domains... I think I will go back to the .COM where the REAL MONEY is... :)

Adam

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whoever bought it got himself a good deal. $100 for a name like that is NOTHING!! Congrats to the new owner and good luck!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100$ is a hell of a deal!
I have recieved a few offers for a few .info of more than 3K and I declined. I am sure they could do better but I didn't want to sell.
.info has a long way to go. Be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators